• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Lightweight front end /07 Tapex Mtn SE

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Timber front end

I had a Timber front end on an 07 SE MCX Tapex I had a couple years back and I didn't care for how twitchy it made the sled feel. Keep in mind it was running the stock skis. In the deep powder it was nice, but for our conditions it was a tough trade-off to say goodbye to the stability through the crud.

Try one before you buy it, especially with our heavy west coast snow. :beer;

Reactions: BCAlpinejunkie
B
May 3, 2008
Lower Mainland BC
www.youtube.com
I had a Timber front end on an 07 SE MCX Tapex I had a couple years back and I didn't care for how twitchy it made the sled feel. Keep in mind it was running the stock skis. In the deep powder it was nice, but for our conditions it was a tough trade-off to say goodbye to the stability through the crud.

Try one before you buy it, especially with our heavy west coast snow. :beer;

cobaltpilot

appreciate your feedback. have you tried the Gen2s ? check em out :)

The lure of getting rid of the stock spindles& stock inner gets my attention.

Is there no Chromoly or Ti design that replaces the whole shi*~bang?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i've run the timbersled front end with simmons gen 2 skis for over a year now. the little bit of twitchieness doesn;t bother me none, i've rallied my sled hard riding in the prairies and in the mtns and i also jump. i have yet to even teak my front end. imo for price, durability, weight loss. i think its easily one of the best kits on the market. under $1000 and replaces the heavy spindle, i don;t know of another kit that replaces the spindle completely.

B
May 3, 2008
Lower Mainland BC
www.youtube.com
i've run the timbersled front end with simmons gen 2 skis for over a year now. the little bit of twitchieness doesn;t bother me none, i've rallied my sled hard riding in the prairies and in the mtns and i also jump. i have yet to even teak my front end. imo for price, durability, weight loss. i think its easily one of the best kits on the market. under $1000 and replaces the heavy spindle, i don;t know of another kit that replaces the spindle completely.

Thats whats kiling me, Roughrider99

Doesn't seem right to have ultra light arms, and still have the ultra heavy stock spindles.

A kit that replaces the spindles and the arms is what i am looking for.

B
May 3, 2008
Lower Mainland BC
www.youtube.com
light weight spindels from mpi & a-arms from wildchild on the forum had his a-arms for 5 years on my vec stood up great & i jump allot.:beer;

iamvector
Appreciate your input.
i am grabbing the MPi spindles.
Wildchild A-arms Ti?

The echoes i am hearing has to date not been over whelmingly favorable to the barkbuster front end.
Reports of having problems with the front ends falling apart.
Apparently, they dont like the rough mountain rock/mud we come across in late season heading to the snowline:beer;:beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
iamvector
Appreciate your input.
i am grabbing the MPi spindles.
Wildchild A-arms Ti?

The echoes i am hearing has to date not been over whelmingly favorable to the barkbuster front end.
Reports of having problems with the front ends falling apart.
Apparently, they dont like the rough mountain rock/mud we come across in late season heading to the snowline:beer;:beer;

wildchild a-arms are chromoly.:beer;

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've got the MPI spindles along with their chromoly a-arms, they've been great so far.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i guess timbersed has come out with new spindles that should fix the twitchieness problem.

turbo monster-do u know if rat sled is making a arms that use part of stock spindle or a completely redesigned spindle.?

Premium Features