• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best helmet/goggle set-up for non fogging

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Currently and have been using the Fly F2 Carbon HMK with various goggles. Love the helmet but haven't found a goggle that won't fog. Even tried Abom however they fog bad when stopping(their advice was to modify or cut top of helmet to allow airflow).

Has anyone modified their helmet like this and does it work?

Have a buddy running the new FXR moto syle helmet with heated shield and he loves it. Not a big fan of a cord but maybe that is best option.

Any suggestions/input much appreciated.

Thanks

I have a fly helmet also with 509 goggles and a Klim artic balaclava. Never had any fogging issues with that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use a suomy helmet, and okley goggles and have no problems.. the suomy helmet is light light light.

There is NO magic combination of helmet / goggle combo.

Everyone's face profile, size, shape and amount of heat generated in completely different.

Best thing to do is first find a helmet that fits you and is comfortable. Then move onto just trying different goggles and balaclavas in different conditions to see what works for "you".

I bought goggle fan as I fogged up everything else that was suggested. Works great with all my goggles. I use 509, Scott and dragons.
Best $70.00 I spent for riding comfort.

Reactions: dmc
I have a HJC helmet, and Scott OTG (over the glasses) goggles. What I like about OTG goggles id the thicker foam, seals better in helmet.
I don't think its the helmet goggle setup that is the issue with fogging. I found it has more to do with breath deflector and not having "hot head"
Earlier post using Klim Arctic balaclava. I use this one, when colder than 10 degrees. The built in breath deflector is a good thing.
Make sure you have a good breath box in your helmet that conforms well around your nose and cheeks. I find especially when stopping, if only for a minute, use your upper lip to help direct breath down and out. If stopping for more than 60 seconds, take goggles off. Make sure if snow falling none gets inside. Any moisture inside goggles is a NO-NO.
Now on to "hot head" issues. Klim arctic balaclava is good when really cold. But if warmer you want less insulation on your head. Thinner Balaclava my Fly works good up to 30 degrees. Make sure you have venting in your helmet. Mine does not have adjustable vents, so if it gets to where my head gets cold, below -10 I put tape over top vents to keep my head from freezing. But you want enough venting to remove any moisture from helmet.

I actually do wear glasses too. People are surprised I use MX helmet/goggles I do use prescription inserts not glasses under goggles.

No Fog does work very well. I found it best not to remove your goggles unless you are mega stuck once removed they will fog when re-installed.

Oakley crowbars with fly f2. Minimal fogging issues, being in shape is key and keeping your body and head temperatures cool.

Goggle fan in all mine plus a kilm polar balaclava (the one that covers your nose) But best thing is I carry at least 3 pair of goggles, 2 in heated underhood pouch, and one more in the over dash vented pouch lmao i'm pretty fast at switching to dry ones:bowl::bowl::bowl::yuck::yuck:

My 509's will fog when you just look at them. Will never buy again.

Its all about how they fit your face. I have two pairs of 509 aviators and they never fog for me. I can dig out sleds with them on, no problems at all. Not saying your wrong, just that fitment is important in my experience

I use the Fly F2 Carbon, Scott Hustle Snow Goggles and Klim Arctic and Glacier balaclavas - no fogging.

I had the same problem until I bought myself a No-Fog mask. Solved my problem instantly, and I could take the god-awful breathbox out of my FXR helmet, haven't had a fogging issue since. My only complaint is that it is very warm because it's made out of thick neoprene.

Thanks for all the info. Will try the No-Fog mask. Looks like they make 2 versions. One that is a full balaclava and other has strap over head to hold on(looks specifically for people wearing glasses).

Assuming most are running the full unless you have glasses?

I would go with the original no fog. Looks like the new model with balaclava has the single seam which always digs into my forehead. You can still wear a balaclava under the original model when needed.

I have never run battery dead. Just hit the 10 minutes button. Never run full time. Only time you need it is when stopped. If stopped for 6 hours you just as well stay home.

Premium Features

Back