• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best grip glue

What is the best grip glue my stock grips are loose. Do I just use motorcycle grip glue? From my years of mx racing i never used glue always wired em but can't do that to these with the heat strip in there

FWIW, I run the glue, with the RSI grips, because of the bar heaters on high (also have RSI short hooks and extended heating elements on one of the RMKs). As long as they are cold, those grips will not move if you clean the bars/heating element/grips before install. But without glue, they get real soft with heaters on high on my sleds, especially if they are behind hand guards. They won't outright spin, but they will walk. Doesn't do it with heaters on low. We seem to be running in -30F to 0F many times in the season, and warmers are pretty handy sometimes.

Gorilla Glue l. You would have to scrape them off. I used it on the Moose Racing heated grip kit that I put on my Grizzly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I also put cork under my grip heaters. I use 3m glue spray, can't remember the actual name, but it's 3m glue in a spray can. Works good.be fast as it sets up quickly.

The mold release compound residue is the part that you need to clean out of the inside of the grip... it can be difficult to wash off... I've used good autotive degreaser like Super-Clean and then automotive wax/grease remover (dont use acetone or alcohol)...

Also... you have to make sure that the bars and heaters, prior to installation of heaters and grips... have no residue... even the natural oil from your clean hands

This minor residue, when heated is what, IMO, allows them to slide around...

I have the RSI high power heaters and have had no issues with them moving when cleaned properly.

Last edited:
The mold release compound residue is the part that you need to clean out of the inside of the grip... it can be difficult to wash off... I've used good autotive degreaser like Super-Clean and then automotive wax/grease remover (dont use acetone or alcohol)...

Also... you have to make sure that the bars and heaters, prior to installation of heaters and grips... have no residue... even the natural oil from your clean hands

This minor residue, when heated is what, IMO, allows them to slide around...

I have the RSI high power heaters and have had no issues with them moving when cleaned properly.

Yep.
No glue just super clean and put them on with an air nozzle.
Change them out every 200 miles or so.
Odi ruffians.
Super easy swap.

SMF nailed a very important point.

The grips are your connection to the sled... to steer, brake, throttle... and for jumping side to side.

Grips... the good ones... don't last very long...and are one of the best investments in staying in control of your sled.

I keep at least 2 sets in the truck... pre-cleaned... in a zip lock bag... with some cleaner for the bars... just in case.

One of the other things is... when using air pressure... set it low... if you actually "bubble" the grip out at all... then you've ruined the grip and should throw it away.... it's shot at that point.

Premium Features

Back