• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bent Tunnel/Bumper?

Kale

Lifetime Membership
I picked up my 25 Summit X 165 N/A 850 on Saturday. Today when I was looking the sled over, I noticed my rear bumper wasn't level. I took 3 measurements from the floor to bottom of snow flap, midway between end of running board and end of tunnel and right behind end of the running boards and the left side of my sled is 1/4" to 1/2" lower. Is this common? Should I be concerned? I've reached out to Dave Norona and he had suggestions. Looking for more input.

Thanks in advance,

Kale

Last edited:
Sounds like it's bent. Take the bumper off and see if it's the tunnel or the bumper. In either case, take it right back to the dealership.

Pics would be nice, it could be a few things. Also look for a crease in the tunnel by the rear suspension mount. The bumper is what gives the tunnel its strength and it depends on how the dealer released the rear suspension shipping hooks.

Here’s a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2261.jpeg
    IMG_2261.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    404.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2256.jpeg
    IMG_2256.jpeg
    605.1 KB · Views: 45
That’s funny. 👍🏻 I’ve tried that. Running boards are same height on both sides. It’s from end of running boards back. If sled wasn’t brand new I wouldn’t be worried. If something is off let’s take care of it now before I can be blamed.

Here’s a few pics.
To me based on the photos you provided it seems like your sled is not sitting flat on the floor. The crack in your garage floor on your clutch side may be dropping your sled to that side, it looks like the concrete is lowered a bit but a pic can make something look worse then it is. I didn’t see anything wrong with your tunnel in the provided pics.

Believe it or not, an aftermarket muffler will cause the same if there is one installed. As mentioned by another member, try pushing down on the front of the sled or move the sled to a different part of the garage.

To give you some reference, I measured my sled and its has the stock muffler for you and its 1/4” lower on the clutch side where it sits on the garage floor, and my concrete floor is not level.

Hope this helps, but give it a good look over if you feel something is not quite right.

Premium Features

Back