• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belt popping off secondary?

had this happen twice today on a 2009 m8 with cpc stage 3 turbo. jumped up a little cornice and when i landed the belt came off the secondary can't see anything wrong with the mounts, diamond drive, clutch or drive shaft. Runs fine other than the two times i came up through a cornice and landed. just wondering if anyone has had this happen and what i should look for. I have never even heard of this happening before.

So after landing, the belt is in the primary and out of the secondary? No belt damage?

New one for me. I would think in order to come out of the secondary without damaging the belt your center to center must be moving around a bunch.

Thunder

If you are running a loose belt deflection, it might be able jump off the secondary when you jam the brake at the top. Other than that, I give....keep us posted!

it's happened to me on big step ups to flat with no forward movement, where you go from huge track speed, then full stop & drop to the snow.

happened maybe 3 or 4 times to me... it's better than cracking a spider which is what happens if you hammer the gas for those landings... so I'll take dealing with the belt over that.

Premium Features

Back