• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bed liner trailer floor

F
Apr 5, 2009
Anyone bed liner there floors in their trailers? Was thinking doing that and up the side on the kick panel. Plus adding ski guides. Just seeing if anyone has done it how the bed liner holds up.

sledhead Ed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Tyngsboro Mass.
I did linex on my featherlite trailer and it's peeling. I was told by another linex dealer at snowmobile show that linex will only warranty it in a trailer for one year. For the amount of money it cost to get done it isn't worth it.

F
Apr 5, 2009
I did linex on my featherlite trailer and it's peeling. I was told by another linex dealer at snowmobile show that linex will only warranty it in a trailer for one year. For the amount of money it cost to get done it isn't worth it.

What did it cost? I was thinking of using a diy kit to do mine. Not sure on the quality on it yet buddy just did his truck bed.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Just did U-pol Raptor liner on mine. I got it tinted, applied it myself. Cost was around $350 for 10 liters and tint, which was enough for my 18'box+5' v-nose enclosed, with a second coat in the high traffic areas. This will be the first winter, so not entirely sure how it will hold up. I can tell you that if you grab the ski tips and twist the skis (to steer into the v nose), it will chip. But so far I like the texture and color, and the carbides have lightly scuffed but not gouged the finish.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Just did U-pol Raptor liner on mine. I got it tinted, applied it myself. The still be the first winter, so not entirely sure how it will hold up. I can tell you that if you grab the ski tips and twist the skis (to steer into the v nose), it will chip. But so far I like the texture and color, and the carbides have scuffed but not gouged the finish.

Pics as well...
5b5af1cdaba0c5c9dc8420d685cd9ef5.jpg
9b24fced64bf4577cff1a8fbf296058a.jpg
7f60c992ad31e237fc36a395668673a2.jpg

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Trailer I bought a couple years ago has some DIY liner in it.
For sure wear bars are a no no. Mine has ski glides front to back though.
Think it would hold up well with proper surface prep as most areas seem to be holding ok, EVEN THOUGH THE IDIOTS VARNISHED OR URETHANED THE FLOOR FIRST THEN PUT THE BEDLINER OVER THE TOP OF THAT WITHOUT SANDING IT!
Yes I'm yelling. Way to screw up a good thing!

F
Apr 5, 2009
Yea if I did it I'd have to do ski guides. I'd make sure it's totally dry sand the floor a little then spray it. And have the underside spray foamed at the same time or close.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Yea if I did it I'd have to do ski guides. I'd make sure it's totally dry sand the floor a little then spray it. And have the underside spray foamed at the same time or close.

That's how I did mine. Still debating ski glides in the main box, but I do plan to put some hdpe sheet down where the skis turn in the nose...

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I did industrial grade 2 part epoxy floor coating on a trailer several years ago. I mixed in a bunch of silica sand with the epoxy and rolled it on. That stuff held up awesome. Ran it for 3yrs and sold the trailer for more then I paid for it.

My current trailer has an aluminum floor in it, which is great for everything but sleds. Its like a skating rink with snow on that smooth aluminum. I install a commercial grade carpet in it, did the rear gate/ramp too. Works great with the sleds, race car, and moving stuff. Thats on its 4th year now and not a single tear. Its not even glued down. Just notched out around the wheel wells and anchored down with a metal strip at the rear door. Eric

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Having slipped on a wet icy floor far too many times, I now install the GLIDES in every trailer JUST for the extra traction they offer when stepping on them.

Since doing that no one has slipped and fallen in my trailer.

Prod_SuperGlides_section.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
In My Opinion; Carpet solves all the issues that have been mentioned, and much cheaper than all the Snowmobile specific Slides, Glides, Guides, and Grip B.S. Plus lets you use the trailer for anything without having to deal with all the Snowmobile specific B.S. in the way.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I just did garage floor 2 stage epoxy with the flakes and it looks AMAZING. Put ski glides down as well to keep from scratching it up. And it isn't slippery which is nice.
6d228e0b46da8707f69e52783bcefdac.jpg
f6f9d1c2d1878a3b264893d13d673a10.jpg
880f3d806369622897a465c2c5afacf2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

F
Apr 5, 2009
In My Opinion; Carpet solves all the issues that have been mentioned, and much cheaper than all the Snowmobile specific Slides, Glides, Guides, and Grip B.S. Plus lets you use the trailer for anything without having to deal with all the Snowmobile specific B.S. in the way.

The carbides don't cut the carpet all the hell? Would be nice only thing idone be worried about is when I work on something inside and getting oil grease gas or what ever into the carpet.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The carpet in mine has lasted 15 years and I never used ski boots as it defeats the purpose ( being able to steer). Most wet / dry carpet has just enough volume to float the carbide. Only time it touches down is when secured. Carpet is glued down so even if it happens to cut through ( not likely even with sharp race carbides) in an small spot it is not an issue.

10-15 years of life is more than adequate for the money invested. IMO

Spills should not be an issue, as most wet dry carpets are a plastic fiber and will not absorb / stain. I was not easy on mine and was more than happy with it. FWIW

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The carbides don't cut the carpet all the hell? Would be nice only thing idone be worried about is when I work on something inside and getting oil grease gas or what ever into the carpet.

Carbides dont cut the carpet. Ive spilt plenty of fluids on mine, as my trailer is a car hauler and I use it all summer for my race car. I do wash it out with a pressure washer from time to time but thats more to all the dirt that gets in it from the race car. Pressure wash, park it on a hill or raise the jack all the way up and let the water drain out and dry. works awesome. Eric

D

DeckTred

Oct 31, 2016
I saw you post about the liner floor in your trailer. We specialize in after market trailer flooring, perhaps you saw us at the Utah Snow Show. My email is parker.johnson@fullcourtfloors.com Shoot me an email if you are interested and I'll send you pictures of what we do. It is the fix to trailer flooring!

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Marine carpet in mine too.
Awesome durability, no boots, no plastic, just steam clean and toss in a mattress for camping.
Can steer sleds anywhere you want them.

D

DeckTred

Oct 31, 2016
Best Trailer Floor You Will Ever Get

We have been installing this floor in trailers for years now and it holds up to the abuse, wear and tear, and extreme conditions snowmobiling puts it through.

Included in our installs is an industrial water sealing of your base layer, all the flooring material for your deck and ramps, diamond plate edging, gap coverage from ice build up on your ramp hinges, and track cleats for the ramps for easy loading.

We are more than happy to customize however you would like

Reply on this forum or shoot me an email at cody.barker@fullcourtfloors.com, or call/text me at 435-757-6651 if you have any questions

We can ship nationwide!!

Cole Willford Professional Snowmobile Hillclimber.JPG Copy of IMG_0451.JPG Copy of IMG_0459.JPG Copy of IMG_0461.jpg IMG_0726.jpg IMG_0912.jpg IMG_0911.jpg IMG_0910.jpg

Premium Features