• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

beaver creek to carrot people do it?

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Happy new year to all! I have always wondered if many people come up from beaver creek trailhead near hebgen lake into carrot basin. I have always wanted to try it and on saturday we did. We were on 3 snowbikes and a snowhawk, got up to ptomogetton park and then tried several of the summer trails. I have seen the sign on the ridge above carrot basin that says ptomogetton park 3 miles so i figured it would be easy coming up from below. we followed some 2 ski tracks and then when they ran out we kept going. got into some thick downed timber and steep terrain in the great burn and just couldn't make it connect. I could see the top and skyline ridge and i recognized the backside of kirkwood and cabin creek so i knew we were close,but the downed logs were just too much. Identified axoltol lake but beyond there just to thick. Thinking about coming down from the top and trying to link it up. Anyway my question is does anybody do it. I am interested specifically in the beaver creek trailhead up to carrot i know there are other ways like tepee and stuff, but i want to saty at the beaver creek cabin and be able to ride up to carrot. Thank you all and happy exploring.
Chris

you have to go to the right of the big rock where the trail end's follow the creek and you will have to cross it eventually, going there today glad you did'nt make it lol.

don't follow the 1 ski tracks! you'll be in a world of hurt! have fun. That creek looks pretty gnarly if there was more snow we could have done it I think. thanks for the reply, I'll follow ur tracks next weekend lol. Cheers!

You were really close. Try not to end up in the lake bed either. There are some huge rocks in there!

That's crazy I was in carrot yesterday and was wondering the same thing. Is that pretty much all open in there or is there a wilderness boundary?

I am pretty shure it is wilderness to the west of beaver creek and up to where you see it on the west end of carrot, echo peak Hillgard peak and those are wilderness. The great burn and beaver out to the hebgen lake road is fair game for sleds. I saw a sign that had everything crossed off except for snowmobiles at a single track or hiking trailhead we came to. Can't wit to go back with more daylight and time to find the way. A little more snow will help the cross country travel as well.

You can take the cub creek trail, off of beaver creek rd, north of boat mountain and you will be on the cabin-beaver creek divide. Then just down into cabin and out a old atv trail towards skyline ridge.

Premium Features

Back