• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclaw Bob's

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Good evening to everyone. I arrived in Cooke last night and had to fight my way from the parking lot. Cooke Passe had about 12 inches of snow and town had about 8 inches. I went out this morning and packed the streets down so we could have a base in town.
We all need to start the snow dance now and lets see what it will bring. The snowman is calling for the next 3 days to be sunny with the high in the mid 20's. By Monday we could see more snow coming in.
I'll let you know each day what is going on. Have a good night.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sunny

Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8. We had someone come in last night to stay and check out the riding this morning. I"m waiting for them to come back.
The snowman is still calling for mid 20's with sun :sun: This will be through Sunday. Monday we will start seeing a chance of snow coming back into the picture for the rest of the week. I just received my first shipment of Avy packs. Let me know if I can help you decide what the best pack is on the market.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks guys

Good morning from Bearclaw/Bakery and Super 8. Today will see the same as yesterday, with temp's in the mid 20's and sunny. :sun:
The snowman is still calling for snow on Monday and Tuesday.

Hope every one is getting ready for Thanksgiving. Have a safe and great time.

The report from the mountain it has over a foot of snow. Yes we have had a few extreme riders testing the rocks and the sleds. One good thing, I haven't seen one come in damaged yet.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Another sunny day

Morning from Bearclaw and Super 8. Woke up to find the temp's at 30 degrees. The snowman is calling for mid 30's today :sun: and we have snow moving into the picture tomorrow with a 60% chance. Then from Tuesday through next weekend. Looks like a 30-50% chance. Lets all start up the snow dance today. I do need the help.

The bakery and I will be opening the 26th of Nov. Come on in and get a free cup of coffee and a cookie.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Again Sunny

Morning from Bearclaw/Bakery and the Super 8. This little town of low snow needs it bad. I've did my snow dance but it only brings either rain or snow showers. This is what happened Monday. Now for Tuesday, we will see sun :sun: with temp's in the upper 20's for the next few day. We could see a trace of snow on Wednesday, but back to party sunny on Thursday and sunny on Friday. :juggle:

The better news is that we will be opening up on Saturday the 26th. Yes the bakery will be open. :face-icon-small-hap With Terri's famous meals.

Last edited:
K
Nov 21, 2016
Cody, WY
Bearclaw thanks for the updates. I have been starting my sled once a week and doing the snow dance along with it, hopefully this will bring some good riding weather in :)

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
maybe snow tonight

Morning from Bearclaw / Bakery and Super 8. The snowman is calling for up to 5 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. Then we'll see sunny skies for Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday shows another chance of snow. Keep the snow dance going and thank you for the help.

If you do find yourself up in Cooke Saturday. The bakery will be open, so stop in and get a free cup of coffee and a homemade cookie.

When booking at the Super 8 motel, make sure you mention Snow West and receive a discount on your rooms. You must stay at least two days with us to receive it.

I haven't brought out the sleds yet for rental. But your going to be surprised what I have for a line up this year. :face-icon-small-hap

Don't forget I'll give you a warm place to work on your sleds with limited tools.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

The crew from Bearclaw / Bakery and the Super 8 wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
Woke up to find 3 inches of fresh powder on the roads around town. The snowman has included Thursday with a 30 % chance of snow. Friday and Saturday still shows sunny.

Have a safe day today if you are driving or flying some where.

Last edited:

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
BLACK FRIDAY

Good morning from Bearclaw / Bakery and the Super 8 in Cooke City. The town saw a few flurries yesterday. But not enough to measure.

The snowman is calling for sun and mid 30's today and tomorrow. Then we can see a percentage of snow from Sunday through Tuesday.

We will be opening up tomorrow so come in for breakfast or just to have a free cup of coffee and a cookie.

I received my shipment of of Avy packs and other great equipment.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sunny

Morning from Cooke city. The snowman is calling for mid 30's with sun. :face-icon-small-sad But wait, I see an inch of snow coming in for tomorrow. But still a chance of snow for Monday.

Well the Bakery opened this morning and she was busy. Me, I filled several Avy bottles and sold a set of arms.

A reminder, I fill Avy bottles, rent avalanche beacons, shovels, probes and avalanche packs, along with selling even more items.

You can work on your sleds in a heated garage or store your sleds over night.

Have a great weekend.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
2010 Assault

If anyone is looking for a used sled, I've got a 2010 Polaris assault that has 3600 miles on it with a new top end done this spring. I'm asking $4000.00 for it. Its a good clean sled.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lightly snowing

Morning from Bearclaw / Bakery and the Super 8. Well at 4 am the moon and stars where out. At 6 am its lightly snowing.

The snowman changed the snow depth for today to 2 inches and an inch for Monday. Looks like its staying South of us this time.

I saw a few sleds come in with damage. So be careful when your out riding.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lightly snowing

Morning on this Tuesday morning from Bearclaw / Bakery and the Super 8. I'll give you a update on Sunday and Monday. Sunday we didn't get the 2 inches that the snowman was calling for. By Monday night we might have picked up 3 inches.
For today we have a 40% chance, we are getting light snow and we might have picked up a half inch since last night.

The line up on sleds will be 2 - 850 ski doo's 2017 , 1 two up, 1 arctic cat 2017 800 ltd., 1 - arctic cat 2016 ltd and trying to pick up a new polaris Axys.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SNOW

You can drive at least to Fox Creek camp ground and unload. You might be able to still drive in.

I have a 2010 Polaris Assault 144 with a new top end for sale. I've reduced the price to $3000. If you would like pictures of it. Let me know.

Premium Features