• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA MTNPRO Tunnel Bag

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Are these still mounting with straps or have they figured that out yet? I see they are mounting them with Skidoo Linq, but what about on Axys? Anyone hard mounting these on the tunnel? Just want to get one but I dont like the strap system they had

C
Nov 29, 2008
Made quick release 1/4 turn cam lock fasteners - one on each corner works great....can pop it in / off or reposition it as needed but holds snug. Bag works well esp with the two dry pouches inside the cover.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I don't like drilling into my tunnel. Always worried that hole will lead to cracking. I used the Polaris OEM Lock & Ride fasteners . The problem is that they are $15 each to buy new. So now I have a Burandt Bag that I can't really sell. But I do like the BCA bag. Easier to get into and rides a little higher than the Burandt Bag.

IMG-9101.jpg

B
Mar 6, 2015
I bought the Lock & Ride fasteners for mine and while they do work, I didn't like the extra space they took up by being mounted inside and then also had to open the bag up every time I took the bag off and put it back on. So, I went and got the Whiteout Technologies adapter plate to mount onto my Khaos tunnel and then using the Linq adapters on the bag and it works perfectly - can put the bag on and take it off in seconds.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I bought the Lock & Ride fasteners for mine and while they do work, I didn't like the extra space they took up by being mounted inside and then also had to open the bag up every time I took the bag off and put it back on. So, I went and got the Whiteout Technologies adapter plate to mount onto my Khaos tunnel and then using the Linq adapters on the bag and it works perfectly - can put the bag on and take it off in seconds.

Post up some pics!!

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
I’ve had great luck with my pelican vault 200 case, 100% waterproof hard case, with no zippers to mess with, just two latches. Fits well on tunnel, smaller size. It isn’t quick release though, although I’m sure one could figure that out. I put four small holes up through bottom with carriage bolts up from the tunnel channels so no holes in tunnel.
BC38A943-D109-4ABB-B74D-CE618A8391FD.jpeg
DDE32A34-28FA-4B0D-94C1-455EFD602B58.jpegB7ECDE0E-9437-4325-8F80-0300D484BA3A.jpeg

C
Nov 29, 2008
Considered hard shell but a bit leery of lack of forgiveness for impact esp when cold compared to a soft case ....
Figuring on a hard case for the back of the expedition but will stick with soft case for the pro ...

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I’ve had great luck with my pelican vault 200 case, 100% waterproof hard case, with no zippers to mess with, just two latches. Fits well on tunnel, smaller size. It isn’t quick release though, although I’m sure one could figure that out. I put four small holes up through bottom with carriage bolts up from the tunnel channels so no holes in tunnel.

In place of your carriage bolts, could you install lock-n-ride clamps ? Granted, they would be inside the case so a little harder to access. But you would have a quick release. Or attach two pieces of flat plastic plate/bar or ? to the bottom of the case so that there is maybe 1-2 in. sticking out on either side, and in line with the channels in the tunnel - then put a lock-n-ride clamp through that. Now the clamp is outside the case for easier access (think of how the Burandt bags are attached).

Also, what did you do for the inside? Any foam padding, or us hats and gloves for padding ? Partitions ?

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
I could rig something like that up for sure either inside or on two plate/bars. The holes are lined up with the channels, so it would work out quite easily. With it not being cloth, it doesn’t absorb moisture, so it dries quickly. I just unload it after rides and leave it open to dry. Personally I like the thought of the through bolts because there’s no chance of it coming off and I don’t really need to remove it. I used the black spacers to space it up off the tunnel to prevent chaffing.
I just store some gloves, a camera, some food, folding saw, and some big Klim caribou mittens among other things to take up the rest of the space with no dividers, although pelican does has divider options.
0396F25E-AB4E-4771-974B-85882D55FE85.jpegF3158B6F-BDF3-49A1-A1DA-45758331916E.jpeg7929A9E5-8D6A-448E-A139-E08F89D363F0.jpegC0B9FA76-D528-4D1B-8937-A1DC7CC3D79D.jpeg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I do like the fact that you can then utilize the interior web tie down in the BCA bag. I can't now because the lock n ride fasteners take up the space. But it looks like about $100 from White Out Technologies (with shipping). I guess it would allow me to put the Polaris fasteners back in and sell the Burandt Bag.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Surprised that someone hasn't put together an aftermarket version of the lock and ride cam lock .... I made my own from wood working toggles and toilet type bolts from Lee Valley ...
Big advantage over brp style is that you can reposition practically anywhere along the tunnel rather than a fixed location with linq brackets ....

Premium Features