• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Baker report 6-12-08

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Went to Baker and had a good time, at least I wasn't working....

Here is a misleading photo. Yes my whole face is sunburnt, but I don't remember seeing any sun.

IMG_3019.jpg

The unloading point, beginning of the ride.
IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

If you got big tires and a lift, punch through the snow as it is only 100 yards or so and then gravel for a while, like 1/2 mile or so. Never ridden on gravel whoops before, but at least it was a new experience. We parked after all of the switchbacks.

The bridge
IMG_2988.jpg

The snow bridge
IMG_2989.jpg

The view
IMG_2991.jpg

Downhill, sitting on the seat, carving. Yours truly
IMG_2993.jpg

Mountain Beaver.... started a whole bunch of jokes about beavers of all kinds.
IMG_2996.jpg

So what else is there to do when you are fogged in? Build jumps, that is what. So in true fashion Yammadog and I built a jump to entertain ourselves for a while.
IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

We went up to Hood hill to do some more jumping and playing in the snow. The snow conditions were good, easy to carve in and play around. Got to hood hill and sat for a while, then figured should call it a day since we couldn't see anything.

There you go.

Lesson for the day
Just because the weather says mostly cloudy becoming mostly sunny, doesn't mean it is going to be mostly sunny, just that it is going to be mostly sunny!

Later

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
Better than working!!! I'm going to call it "cloud burn"....the sun didn't show itself to get any credit until we got out on the highway.

funny, that beaver came out of the hole, looked around and I swore it said, "AFLAC" and went back in the hole....

Crazy how, in the clouds, you can feel like you are moving and see where you want to go, but end up not moving and can't tell if you are going up or down....

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
So why didn't you shovel out that 100 yd of snow so your buds can skip the gravel this weekend??? I woulda done for you if I had that kinda weather opportunity...

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
after you guys left, we headed down to the meadows to play a bit, finally, a little after 4 decided - uh, well, this is bogus...... and headed down...

as already noted, hit sun when we got a little further down - but all the way home, kept looking back, and baker was still in the clouds.......... which sucks, but sure made me feel a little bit better about not waiting it out longer..... ;)

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
looks good...

Nice pics and report. We should be leaving seattle today around 11am for a Friday/Saturday rding and camping.. SWEET!!!

Bring out the sun please!:)

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
So why didn't you shovel out that 100 yd of snow so your buds can skip the gravel this weekend??? I woulda done for you if I had that kinda weather opportunity...

I think you will be fine with your 1 ton, it should be gone by Sunday. When in doubt power out!

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA

while we were unloading, two greenies got back into their "SUV's" and tried to "power" through..... ended up sliding all over and returning to the parking spots they had when we arrived - too funny!

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
FYI....I have someone's plastic Black Velvet whisky bottle if you're missing it....you dropped it in the middle of the road and I picked it up for you coming down the hill......pm me and I'll send it back to you....:D

I was thinking maybe it was Papa bears, he couldn't afford the gentleman jack between paydays.....:eek::D

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
You guys are both wrong. The beaver was saying "ARMAGEDDON, ARMAGEDDON":p

M

MAC29

Dec 9, 2007
eatonville,wa
Sounds like some fun was had sorry i mist out. Maybe see you guys this summer. We also like to camp out sounds like alot of others do to.

Premium Features