• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad bog off bottom end. Pump gas turbo

Don't be so quick to say it isn't the fuel pressure! I'm running the same kit on the same yr sled and I was reading all this info on here last yr about FP #'s so I raised mine up from how my dealer set it up..... ran like an absolute bag of crap, acted just like a really rich carbed sled. Worst day in the mtns... Went back down to the original setting of 31psi and it's been golden ever since. Dale might be great to talk to as long as you ride in the same elevation range as he does! I ride mostly at 2-6000' and when I called to quiz him for set up advice he really didn't have any input for me for his own kit. Don't get me wrong, he has a great product and user friendly, just would be nice when spending 6 grand on a kit/install you could get a bit more feed back to make them work.

Don't be so quick to say it isn't the fuel pressure! I'm running the same kit on the same yr sled and I was reading all this info on here last yr about FP #'s so I raised mine up from how my dealer set it up..... ran like an absolute bag of crap, acted just like a really rich carbed sled. Worst day in the mtns... Went back down to the original setting of 31psi and it's been golden ever since. Dale might be great to talk to as long as you ride in the same elevation range as he does! I ride mostly at 2-6000' and when I called to quiz him for set up advice he really didn't have any input for me for his own kit. Don't get me wrong, he has a great product and user friendly, just would be nice when spending 6 grand on a kit/install you could get a bit more feed back to make them work.

I ride about the same elevation as you do. Except 7-8 instead ov 6000. When I adjust fuel pressure lower. Wat adjustments do I need to make on top rpm numbers? Boost fuel?

Turn down the fuel pressure.

You'll notice the guys that run cutler kits themselves are all saying this. (don't listen to Wyoboy, I don't think he even rides sleds really... :face-icon-small-ton)

The fuel pressure reg being to high is the best way to destroy rideability in the cutler kit.

Some run as low as 32, some need 38... but I doubt many people are running much more than 38 unless they're at very low elevation.

If you get FPR level set right, tuning is very easy. Bring box settings back to stock & drop the FPR in small incremements until it feels as good as you can get it, then if you get that as clean as you can & still have some burbles, mess with the box.

Your buddy telling you it's too low isn't riding your sled. If you drop fuel pressure, be sure to check EGT's after that & make sure you're still in happy temps.

Last edited:
31psi, I guess if it works whatever but that seems way to low, I ran the same style box and was set at 40. Maybe some of the gauges need checked, that just should not be right.

each sled is different as far as FP goes, also, the gauges are nothing special, so you could easily be a few psi different on the gauge running the same actual pressure. turn it down until your bottom end is good and then tune in the rest with the controller, 10psi affects injector flow rate WOT a LOT less then you would think, its not a linear relation. I have run injectors on a bench at rated psi 43# then rerun at 60 psi... 40% increase in pressure and we only got a 13% increase in flow. just food for thought. so dropping your pressure a few psi lower then others doesnt mean your gonna run out of fuel at a profoundly lower boost level. MAYBE 1 psi.

2psi has been the difference from burning down though also, but you can tune it either way, I just don't like low pressure, I like increased pressure.
Have to do what you have to do.

31-32 psi is what every kit comes set at from the local dealer from where I live in central BC. They say it gives the best results from all their testing and all the guys run these lits out of their shop. My A/F #'s are a bit lean at idle but at WO with 8lbs boost and a few litres per tank of C-112, I sit right at 11.8-12.2 which is where I was told I should be at. I never changed my settings from the way it came when I added more fuel pressure, so maybe that was a mistake. But I did spend a lot of time that day messing with my attitude box to try and clear it up with absolutely no luck. This works for me and my sled and from the sounds of it, each sled and kit can act differently...... Makes me wonder about QC to an extent from both AC and Cutler's... Just my .02 cents

2psi has been the difference from burning down though also, but you can tune it either way, I just don't like low pressure, I like increased pressure.
Have to do what you have to do.

If you run a 2010+ Cutler kit at 40 psi, it'll DIE off the line, every time from what I've seen.

Keep in mind, you're running a different fuel reg, we're ALL running Cutler fuel regs on Cutler setups... so what we all see for PSI will be different, as they're just a different setup.

The highest I can go & have mine run is 36, 38+ and it falls on it's face. Took me about 2 hours to figure that out... I've played with it a bit here & there... but that's it's happy spot. (btw, our 09 liked 42... but different ECU, different motor)
if I drop down to 34 I just need another light worth of fuel on the boost citcuit... but that's to run 14 psi... he's NOWHERE near that. He's running so little boost it's hardly a factor. There is no way he's running out of fuel just because he turns down a few PSI.

That said, A/F, EGT, whichever... what kind of readings are you getting?

Last edited:
I'm not sure at idle or part throttle. But at wot is about 11.8-12

Try to keep it over 12 and under 12.6 (check that with someone with a cutler kit) Mine (twisted) and many others would run worth a darn if under 12 not even in the low rpm.

On my sled with A/F I felt it ran best at 12.6 or so... Dale is super conservative, and will probably tell you to stay under 12 to keep you 150% safe.

Next time just watch your A/F numbers at idle, low throttle, mid, and WOT. Sounds like you've got a ton of fuel, so dropping some PSI isn't going to risk you on the big end, but you need to have a good idea where you are as you ramp up.

Someone had posted at one point what the "ideal" was as you go up in RPM... I was lucky & mine ran very well right off... I played with it some to see what I could do, but went back to where it was in the middle.

Premium Features

Back