• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BackCountry Cooking

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I don't know how to fix it. Google "Ferniesnow Hot Meals with The Thing"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
574221.jpg

Been really digging these Sweet Potato Burritos. I'll make a batch, freeze before baking, but usually I can't wait and put the first one in the oven while I finish the freezer batch. Great snack if you like sweet potatoes, very addictive...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
We make breakfast burritos with sweet Italian elk sausage for hunting camp.
Eggs, cheese, sausage, etc.

Going to have to think about making those for sledding season too.

Crash1

Premium Member
Jan 27, 2015
Harbor Springs, Mi
Muffpots 2016 800 Axys RMK

Anyone know where I can order muffpots for new 800 RMK with stock muffler set up?
Also a pit for same sled with the new Diamond-S can replacement?
Gonna have snow soon, love those homemade lunches!!!
You all have a great season now.
Thanks

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
For the xm, r&m lightening products in slc, sells a screen for the center of the hood. You have to cut out the hood center. Gives just enough room to get to the pot that youve mounted just forward of the Y. The screen is a friction fit, pops out without tools.

Oven bags are your friend. Put in whatever leftovers you have. Roost works really good, carrots, taters, onion,..... i put it in at the trailer and ride till lunch time. Carry 2 forks, your buddies will want you to share. If it doesnt get hot enough, put some paper towels under the lid.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I love my "Thing" cooker. The wife makes awesome lasagna and meatloaf. What ever i can fit in these mini to go tins. This year I need to try steak, chicken and shrimp.

Do you happen to know the brand name of the mini tins you use. I have used the bags they sell at the dealership but I font feel $1 or more a bag is a good deal.

If I knew the type of plastic I'd see if I could make my own using my impulse sealer

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Do you happen to know the brand name of the mini tins you use. I have used the bags they sell at the dealership but I font feel $1 or more a bag is a good deal.

If I knew the type of plastic I'd see if I could make my own using my impulse sealer

Handi-Foil 1lb oblong pans

In a rush yesterday I tried to cook some spaghetti in parchment paper and oven bags(all i had in the truck). Burnt the paper and melted the bag, totally forgot about these... need to order more.

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
My favourite so far is a pair of smoked brisket burrito's, and stuff a couple chunks of spicy pepperoni in between them to make a nice "filler" between them, so they don't bounce around and end up a poo-poo platter lol

D
Oct 22, 2008
Longview WA
Go get steamer bags for vegetables, they are smaller than oven bags and work amazing. Throw a little snow in the pot, before you place the bag in there. Haven't burned a bag yet (mounted on my pipe, close to the Y)

Premium Features