• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys oil pump prime/power up

S
Dec 2, 2007
forest lake, mn
Need to bleed my oil pump after rebuild. I assume that red and orange are the power and black/brown are ground on the dc and ECM power connectors but can anyone verify? I hate to assume.

IMG_20230221_135245564_HDR.jpg

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Did anyone get back?? I am about a day from getting my 800 AXYS engine back together and will need to bleed the oiling system also!
gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Please pass along the procedure or where to find the information, I think common sense is probably a good thing here, but!!
gtwitch in wyoming

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
^^^^^^^
12v power supply to ECM and DC plugs as pictured in OP above. ECM plug = OG is pos. - BK/DB is neg. DC Test plug = RD/WH is pos - BR is neg.
Be sure not to air lock pump. Use a syringe to fill up feed line from tank to pump first, then install feed line onto oil tank.
Then lock brake on / Hold reverse button down, hold throttle wide open, and oil pump will run for approx 10-15 seconds. Repeat a few times while looking at oil lines to watch air bubbles being pumped into engine case.
Many have stated not to over prime the case, as could possibly hydro lock with oil. I primed 3-4 times, then fired sled up for a minute, and repeated 3-4 more primes until no more bubbles were in the lines.
Mark the oil level on your tank for first ride, and check often that oil level is going down.
1677170261604.png1677170302276.png1677170333198.png

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
You bet. Good luck !
Ya, I have Dan's too, as I just put his cylinders onto my old girl when I rebuilt the crank.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Just got one of our 18 AXYS 800 back together after getting Indy to get us a reman mono cyl and rebuilt the crank. We did the oil system prime on the bench before putting the engine into the chassis. Thanks tor the service book information on how to do this task.
gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Is there a procedure to purge the fuel line thru the pressure regulator, thru the injection rail and back to the tank before starting the engine?? JUst getting ready to pull the cord and start it up and want to make it easier, the dealer tech said that they can put the ecu back into the 175 mile break in mode If I want that . What do you folks think??? This would let the oiling and fuel system do the richer mode as it did when the sled was new , I guess this is a new engine so I think I might have them do that when they do the exhaust valve relearn. ????????????????

S
Dec 2, 2007
forest lake, mn
Mine started on 2 pulls after rebuild and I had tank off and dumped to clean. It died, then started on 2 more pulls and idled so probably not much need to mess with priming or bleeding fuel system. Be careful on the oil pump priming. I actually pulled the lines to get all the air bubbles out and it took about 12 cycles of the oil pump

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I guess this last question is about the multiport oil pump, rotary or pulse type ?? After talking to one of the techs at the dealer. sounds like it is a pulse type probably a diaphram pump, I've not had any opportunity or need to work with this pump yet.
gtwitch in wyoming

J
Jan 24, 2024
Langenburg
^^^^^^^
12v power supply to ECM and DC plugs as pictured in OP above. ECM plug = OG is pos. - BK/DB is neg. DC Test plug = RD/WH is pos - BR is neg.
Be sure not to air lock pump. Use a syringe to fill up feed line from tank to pump first, then install feed line onto oil tank.
Then lock brake on / Hold reverse button down, hold throttle wide open, and oil pump will run for approx 10-15 seconds. Repeat a few times while looking at oil lines to watch air bubbles being pumped into engine case.
Many have stated not to over prime the case, as could possibly hydro lock with oil. I primed 3-4 times, then fired sled up for a minute, and repeated 3-4 more primes until no more bubbles were in the lines.
Mark the oil level on your tank for first ride, and check often that oil level is going down.
View attachment 401208View attachment 401209View attachment 401210
Any chance you have shots for a 19 patriot 850, oil pump bleed procedure

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Sorry Jake I do not have a service manual for the 850's. Hopefully someone else can assist. I would imagine the procedure should be the same.

polboy7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Jake, the 19 850 service manual is identically the same procedure with the 800 vs 850. Just done my 19 yesterday. But when you do the manual way, will you hear the oil pump cycling, or are you just looking for air bubbles? I made sure all the lines were full of oil before I reattached them to the engine & the oil tank line to the pump. I did the manual prime twice and could never hear or see anything. It fired up and was able to ran a heat cycle thru it.

B
Dec 23, 2023
Nh
When you initiate the priming procedure for the oil pump on the 850 it displays it on the dash, Oil Priming Initiated or something like that, and you will hear the pump running.

Premium Features