• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

auto seat heaters

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
Hey guys. Has anyone ever installed some seat heaters yourself? I got a quote up here for around 350 per seat. Ebay has some for 75-100-ish for heater and wiring. How hard can it be to install. Im pretty handy. The car is an 04 Grand Am with leather and all power drivers side. Does anybody have an idea what they charge around A-town? Thanks.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I E-bayed some last year haven't gotten around to installing yet but the wiring is simple enough (per instructions) , it's the oem seat covers on/off that I've never done, but it can't be that hard.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Theyre not that hard. The hardest part is getting the "hog" rings off the covers and then putting new ones back on. Make sure to test the wiring before you put it all back together though...

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
Thanks for the replies. I bet it would be easier to take the seat out and then pull the cover off. I havent really looked at it very hard, just mulling it around. I see there is a seat heater on CL this moment. HMMM.

Premium Features