• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault

A
Jan 28, 2008
dankorage
got my new assault in but lookin to pipe it or atleast can it for now.. any opinions? jaws has twins comin out for all elevations for the 800 d.. may fit. a few other places have twins out for the 800d

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
It is hard to beat the reliability of the pull rope and go of the slp single system. Talk with Mike, AKSNOWRIDER about his setup on his 08 D8. It rips and always rips. no bad days or tuning days or oops got a piston day. The slp twins do not work at our low elevations. The plugs sstart growing aluminum on them and the piston tops start getting thin:eek: If it were me, I'd be going with a single and get the clutching and gearing nailed. Then ride the h3ll out of it!:beer;

R
Nov 27, 2008
I have to agree with Ultrarider. I have the SLP single on my dragon and it works great. It takes about 30 minutes to install. Assuming that you're taking frequent beer sip breaks during the installation:):beer;. And it is extremely reliable and does not void any warranties and requires no additional mods. I think they retail for about $550.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Dougdanger has twins, you could PM him and get his $.02.

I would have to agree with the other posters, if you buy anything go with the single system.

T
Single pipe! Johnny wick has slp twins on his 08 d8, that thing rips. But, we had to lower the compression(below stock) and he still has to run straight race gas. Go single pipe now and maybe a port job with a fuel control box later. Modifying these engine and having them set up right(proper fuel) will be easy to tune and are reliable. They just cost alot and won't last as long. Just my 3 1/2 cents.:beer;

A
Jan 28, 2008
dankorage
ya my buddy puff n ak has the single and his sled smashes, i know it works great kinda jus seein other peoples luck. other options that make the same power maybe a little more sound.. prolly just stick with a single.. dont really feel like runnin race gas in this one

P
Nov 28, 2007
Putting a single pipe on will void the warranty. So the easy way to fix that is if you have problems, take the pipe off before you take it to the dealer. Also, dont sell the stock pipe.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Putting a single pipe on will void the warranty. So the easy way to fix that is if you have problems, take the pipe off before you take it to the dealer. Also, dont sell the stock pipe.

An slp single on a polaris no longer voids your warrenty!! That is another big plus for going that route.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I rode one this weekend, stock, and all I have to say is wow. Sick suspension for a mountain sled. If I could justify the cost of buying a new sled against building a mod I'd definitely buy one. But for 10.5k you can build a helluva sled. Regardess thats a nice sled put an slp single on it gear it, adjust the limiters and coupler blocks for a little less transfer and it would be real nice

A
Jan 28, 2008
dankorage
guess ill go with the single makes it even better that the slp dont void warranties.. think they started that last year.. was already plannin on gearin down, and depending on how the ride goes i may mess with the limiters. thanks for the advice.. and yes i will see you this weekend! if you get that m8

Premium Features