• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault track trimming

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Looking at doing some mods to my assault 2.125 track. Considering 2 options. One would be to trim the lugs down to about 1.75" and the other is to mod to a paddle track by trimming the leading and tailing edge faces to take away some of the rigidity the track has. Anyone attempted either of these options and with what kind of success?
Thanks

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
I assume you must be flat landing this. The stock track no matter what you trim is too hard and lots of flatlanders have blown this track to pieces riding ditches and trails. Two options get the cobra for flat land, and 2.4 inch for steep and deep or change out your drivers and get whatever track you want.
I will have two tracks for mine based on where i'm riding!

W
May 14, 2008
Iron Range
I assume you must be flat landing this. The stock track no matter what you trim is too hard and lots of flatlanders have blown this track to pieces riding ditches and trails. Two options get the cobra for flat land, and 2.4 inch for steep and deep or change out your drivers and get whatever track you want.
I will have two tracks for mine based on where i'm riding!

I tend to ride around with the temp gauge on the display, if the sled running a bit warm the track is to, while trail and ditch banging.

I stead of trimming I just get a different track, camo extreme or the low profile from polaris for the speed. It's going to be a great track in the sping for the soft wet snow. grab grab grab.

Premium Features