• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault rear shocks on standard RMK?

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Will the skid shocks from a 09 Assault fit a 09 RMK 700 155?

The Assualt rear shocks are 16 3/4" eye to eye and WE front track shock is 12 3/8" eye to eye if that helps.

Would these be a good shock to upgrade to?

Thanks

direct swap. the assault skid shocks are the same c to c as the standared. i did this upgrade last season to my 07

Skid shock upgrade

Will the skid shocks from a 09 Assault fit a 09 RMK 700 155?

The Assualt rear shocks are 16 3/4" eye to eye and WE front track shock is 12 3/8" eye to eye if that helps.

Would these be a good shock to upgrade to?

Thanks

I was considering this to. Priced them out at my dealer!!!???!!! After talking to Curt at FTXmotorsports, I decided to go with with some custom fitted Exit shocks instead(cheaper than the Assault shocks here in Canada). I also go 260 lb geared up to ride. Just something more to think about!

I was considering this to. Priced them out at my dealer!!!???!!! After talking to Curt at FTXmotorsports, I decided to go with with some custom fitted Exit shocks instead(cheaper than the Assault shocks here in Canada). I also go 260 lb geared up to ride. Just something more to think about!

If you dont mind me asking what did the Exit shocks run you for the rear skid?

what should a guy be changing as far as valving goes for these things? i did the same but left everything factory assault stock.

Shocks

If you dont mind me asking what did the Exit shocks run you for the rear skid?

The Assault shocks cost from my local dealer were $1200 + 12% tax. The Exits were $1120 + 7% GST delivered to my door. These are custom valved and front spring to my riding weight and style.

That doesnt make a lot of sense... I priced the entire WE package from Tri-City, Walker needles in the front and re-valved Assualts on the rear.... that totalled... 1200$

The Assault rear shocks are closer in valving to a race sled shock than an RMK/Dragon. They are meant to take the abuse of cornice drops and jumps.

Cost

gerrman is north of the border!!! i'm think he is talking CDN dollars!

You are correct. I should have stated that the prices were in Cdn dollars. Need to divide by 1.10 to give equivalent US dollar cost at the time I bought the shocks(Exits 1120/1.10=1018 less S&H). You guys south of the border usually do much better on the cost of aftermarket upgrades. We really have to do our homework to get our dollars worth. Shipping carriers, Brokerage Fees, Customs duties etc. have to be factored into the cost. Most times it is still cheaper to order form the States than buy from somebody in Canada. Why?

Assault shocks

Polaris makes a kit just got some in for my dragon. it is the same as the assault has, The price for the rear set is $480.

Shock Kit

Polaris makes a kit just got some in for my dragon. it is the same as the assault has, The price for the rear set is $480.

I would be interested in the part number as well to get the price north of the border. I am betting dollars to doughnuts that it will be $1000plus Cdn for a kit price or more like $1200plus. OEM parts are very pricey.

Yes they are, the rears have been the same since the Edge RMK came out... Fronts, the Walker Needles can be ordered too.. same length

Kit price in Cdn dollars

Part number is 2876670

Just priced out the kit on my lunch. $620.00 Cdn. That is a very good deal on those shocks on this side of the border. Polaris did come through with a good deal as a kit package. Individually they are scary expensive.

Premium Features

Back