• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone using the xxxmodrod vent kits???

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
Yes they are cheap, but....

I just installed a kit in my new black side panels for my '08 XP. I did some homework on vent kits for XP's, weighing the pro's and con's of each different manufacturer's kits. I decided that I didn't want the large aluminum-framed vents, thinking that they would look "added-on". I wanted something more subtle, almost like a factory option. Plus.....I am cheap! So I purchased some of the ModRod vents, being somewhat suspicious of the quality of their product for (at the time) $75. I was very pleasently surprised. Nice vents! The plastic frames are actually machined, the vent material looks really durable, and they use what appears to be a "plastic-weld" technique to bond the screen to the backside of the frames. The shape of the vents fit the "facets" of the side panels really well, and once installed, really do look great. I've seen some guys just drill multiple large holes in the panels for the vents to breathe. I decided to cut my holes as large as the screen material itself, using a Roto-zip tool (great for stuff like this!). On some of the larger "spans" of screen material, I would leave a bridge of plastic behind it to help support the screen if it should get hit by sticks/branches etc. If I had any complaint, and I am being a little too anal, is that I don't like the rivets. That is the only thing that makes them look not factory, although short of plastic-welding them from the back-side, I'm not sure how your would install them otherwise. I'll be honest in saying that for the money, you can't go wrong. Great product!

S
Jul 16, 2008
williston nd
i just purchased a vent kit from them and just anxiously waiting for it to come in the mail, glad to hear they look good on the sled. for the money i think there going to work just fine i also bought one of their tunnel nuts snow flap and i cant wait to show that off. i think xxxmodrods is a great website and offer products just for my tatse!

Thanx for the great reviews guys. It's nice to hear some feed back.
We are a new company and the positive feed back sure helps get your name out there. It always seems to be a crap shoot when you use a new company, so the feed back is very appreciated.
XXXMODRODS what to say thanx to all that have given us your support, and we look forward to another great year. Let it SNOW.

Keep checking in for more great products at http://xxxmodrods.com

Skidooguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Central Washington
I just installed a set on an 09 800 XP. They fit perfectly, were well made, easy to install and a good value for the amount paid. I would buy them again.

Finally rode my '09 154x in some deep snow a few days ago, fried a belt and then sat and waited about 5 or 10 minutes for my clutch to cool down enough for me to touch it to change the belt. So needless to say I need to vent this puppy, would anyone like to take pictures of their xxx kit installed? Their website doesn't show very good images of each vent location.

Cheers.

nate

R
Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake
got a set on my 09 (the xxx ones) they turned out good and the price is greats. only thing that was tricky was getting them to lay really flat when riviting them on cause they are a little flimsy. turned out great though.

Premium Features