• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have any input on the "Skinz Pro" or the "Moose Racing" hand guards

Anyone have any input on the "Skinz Pro" or the "Moose Racing" hand guards

I have been considering either the "Skinz Pro" or the "Moose Racing" hand guards to install on my 13 XM.

A friend of mine hand the "Skinz" on his Yammy Turbo and liked them. I used to have "Powermads" on my old REV but they kept getting broken bouncing off of the trees while boon docking in Montana.

If anyone has any input on the "Skinz" or "Moose Racing" hand guards let me know what ya think.......

Soft guards? I have the moose racing soft ones. They are flippy floppy, but attach well enough with Velcro. I don't ride with them all the time, they stay in the shovel pouch on my tunnel bag and come out when it's really cold for the ride back to the pickup and do a good job blocking the wind. We've nicknamed them dumbo wings cause the size (they are big) but another buddy just ordered a pair to use them like I do. The price was right, but I only use them a handful of times. Any hand guards would be in my way to use them all the time.

They are big.
Kinda goofy looking.
But when it is BRRR COLD OUT, I strap them on my nytro and they do a good job of breaking the cold from hitting my fingers.

480_SPG_Hand_Guards_09_pics_-_Blue.jpg

Do it! For the price you wont regret it if you are like us and ride back after the sun has gone down, keeps that windchill off your hands (and arms). I never notice mine keeping them in the shovel pouch on my tunnel bag as they fold down almost flat. I couldn't use the pouch for anything else other than a second shovel (ha) and they weigh nothing.

I have the moose ones, I use them on the cold days ride on the trails up to mtn then I remove them and put them in the back pack. Easy to put on and off and they are real light! Work great for the price and do the job on those cold days.

Premium Features

Back