• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone going to p vill saterday

Apr 11, 2008
my wife and i are going up on saterday to P vill if anyone wants to go or anything post up. My wife is very novice but she will learn

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I was planning on going out Saturday, I have an extra spot on the trailer or if someone else has an empty slot have gas money. I have a little tuning to do but it can be done anywhere wouldn't hold up progress to the hills. Can test and dial in nitrous once we get there. PM if you need a ride or have an empty place on your trailer

A
Nov 30, 2007
Not to burst anyones bubble but there is no new snow there and the wind has hit it. Trail is now crap. I'm still going sunday but be prepared to have fun without killer snow. Went to hatchers today and it's slim pickins there but it can be done as well. Have fun guys, be there sunday.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
my wife and i are going up on saterday to P vill if anyone wants to go or anything post up. My wife is very novice but she will learn

Have a fun time but if your wife is a novice please don't expect her to learn "just like that" or you will for sure kill her enthusiasm to ride. A lot of guys don't have patience with their G/F or wives riding with them and expect them to "get the hang of it" the first couple of rides. I hope you take some time to teach her some techniques too, that's very important for a woman as most are visual learners. Be sure to show her "the techniques" of riding while she watches ;)

It's hard to do this when you are with a group and the entire group just want to go, go, go, but you have to take the time or she won't want to go again.

just my .02cents

:)
Have fun!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Have a fun time but if your wife is a novice please don't expect her to learn "just like that" or you will for sure kill her enthusiasm to ride. A lot of guys don't have patience with their G/F or wives riding with them and expect them to "get the hang of it" the first couple of rides. I hope you take some time to teach her some techniques too, that's very important for a woman as most are visual learners. Be sure to show her "the techniques" of riding while she watches ;)

It's hard to do this when you are with a group and the entire group just want to go, go, go, but you have to take the time or she won't want to go again.

just my .02cents

:)
Have fun!!

great info snowchick....same thing applies with kids..keep em on the trails till ya find a nice level swamp that has lots of room...then show her /them how to countersteer/lean, how to use the throttle ( To spin the track to initiate their turns), when they have the hang of it..take em to small hills (10-20 ft and clear of obstacles) and show them how to aproach,climb, turnout and come back down....let them learn to love powder not be scared of it...

Dec 6, 2007
Palmer
Sick Conditions!

Just got back from P-Ville and it was snowing hard when we pulled out. There was a good 6 inches of fresh by the time we hit the Hwy and near white out conditions. Should be sick tomorrow if it clears up. :beer;:D:beer;

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Just got back from Petersville, had to go all the way back to the hills to get to the good stuff. I'd say it's was worth enduring the trail for the decent snow. Rode with 2000TCMC, good riding with you Eric will have to do that again. Got to meet 02po and his wife up there as well, thanks for stoping by and saying Hello. Wide open throttle pulls on the hills all the way back, It will be the last hills on the trail. The rest were just ok.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Yeah thanks

Going to head out in an hour to go play.

Don't forget daylight savings time!

For reminding me the morning after! Got my azz up at 5:30 this morning then, whatta waste. :beer;
Be there in Anchorage this afternoon.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
So how is it that there were crystal clear skies everywhere BUT where we were riding today??!!?? LOL did our test and tune and had a blast with friends ~ was a great day with the exception of the freakin' bumps on the trail ... can't wait for MORE powder!!!!!

not many pics - but I will say for an early season ride, once ya get back in the hills... it wasn't too bad, needs more base - but definitely rideable.

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features