• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any other DRONE PILOTS around?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Just recently upgraded from my OLD DJI Mavic Pro to a DJI AIR-3 for this coming season.
Curious to know if there are any other drone users on the forum to chat with.

maxresdefault (2).jpg

I've been flying DJI drones since my DJI Phantom 3 Pro, i run a DJI Mavic 2 Pro right now, but am looking to upgrade to the Cinematic model of the new mavic drone that should be getting released this fall i believe.

I have been using drones for quite some time. It is a hoot in the mountains. Got to love follow me mode, eh.

Attachments

• dji_fly_Patrick.jpg
    dji_fly_Patrick.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 19
  • dji_fly_20231206_154252_141_1701902584465_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20231206_154252_141_1701902584465_photo.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 19
I've been flying DJI drones since my DJI Phantom 3 Pro, i run a DJI Mavic 2 Pro right now, but am looking to upgrade to the Cinematic model of the new mavic drone that should be getting released this fall i believe.
There is SO MUCH speculation as to what we are going to see next.
The AIR-4
The Mavic-4 Pro
Ect

And now that the DJI Ban appears to have CRASHED and BURNED on Friday, things are looking up

I have been using drones for quite some time. It is a hoot in the mountains. Got to love follow me mode, eh.
Ya, my goal this month is to learn some of the tracking features and how to lay in a pre-planned course using Waypoints so I can fly it totally hands free.

Got the drone registered yesterday
Got myself cleared through the FAA "Trust" program last night
And got a set of "registration decals" for the drone ordered.

Found a cool Drone WRAP I want to put on her, BRIGHT NEON GREEN for snow ops.

2024-07-12_19-16-18.jpg

It has been too hot here to ride right now, but I have been playing with the follow me feature and it works really cool. You should try it our sledding.

Picked up a SLEDRAX case and LinQ rack as well.

2024-07-13_14-23-46.jpg

It has been too hot here to ride right now, but I have been playing with the follow me feature and it works really cool. You should try it our sledding.
Make no mistake about it, that is very much my plan.
Want to incorporate some aerials into my daily snow reports for Island Park.

I just did that test, easy peasy. It wasn't required before when I registered my drone.

One tip is always update your return to home when you are flying and traveling.

If your battery runs low it will automatically go to where you preset your return to home, and that maybe miles back down the trail, just saying.

What is your suggestion for a beginner drone?
I personally like DjI, so i looked on their web site for sales. I got mine as a bundle, because of the extra batteries. I run aftermarket propellers on mine, they seem more quiet. Having extra batteries is very important because you don't get as much flight time as you think. https://store.dji.com/selection/camera-drones
There are a bunch of entry level drones out there DjI, and others. You have to look at flight time, what camera it has, etc..

Last edited:
I just did that test, easy peasy. It wasn't required before when I registered my drone.
PART 107 was EASY PEASY??
I would have guessed that was not the case.
I have my regular pilots license for Fixed Wing, and guessed part 107 was going to be somewhat similar.

What is your suggestion for a beginner drone?
I would totally buy a cheap used one and see if you fall in love with it or not.
Anything from DJI is pretty solid at this point.
Just go one generation back and they should be CHEAP by comparison to a new one.

that said the MINI is mighty popular.
You can get a brand new MINI for under $300

Reactions: zal
PART 107 was EASY PEASY??
I would have guessed that was not the case.
I have my regular pilots license for Fixed Wing, and guessed part 107 was going to be somewhat similar.
I used to fly also. Been all over the Arctic, Northwest Territories, Northern Canada, and even FLA. I flew out of Jacksonville for awhile, before moving to Michigan. You got this Chris!

Premium Features

Back