• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one up for a fire road ride???

Hey gordo, how is it up there now? You guys get this rain we're getting in the Cities? Asking because I have a cousin in Schroeder who I'll be visiting the weekend of January 13-16th and debating whetehr to bring my seld. We usually ride up the 600 or the highline up by the tunnel. Also, they close off Carleton peak to sleds or can you get around the fence?

sorry jag.. didn't check this until today. but yeah we got alittle rain. all it did was knock a couple inches off the top then it all froze up. we got a few inches since then so it's not too bad once you get away from the lake. who are your cousins up here? and i'd say bring your sled for sure.. there's enough snow to go play alittle..

I had a good ride today..........

Good snow in the swamps and a good time on the Cloquet River. Ran from Island Lake to Pequawn Inn and back.
I thought it would be cold, so I over dressed. Sunny and calm. Very fun day. Thanks to the guys who got be out.

Owen

Cousin's name is Don Larson. Used to cook up at Lutsen. Friend of Steve Bragg's, if you know Steve. Don lives about half-mile up the Cramer off 61, just past the town hall a bit.
I think we're going to head up this weekend and bring the sleds.

hahaha yeah i know who your talking about.. peyote don! haha if your on facebook go onto the isoc page and look at the pics from spirit mtn nov. 2010 at the very bottom of the page of pics there's two of him.. pretty funny pics actually! i don't know him well but i know who he is.. he hangs out with tim schliep.. i work with tim

Premium Features

Back