• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one up for a fire road ride???

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
i am leaving on Friday...

Riding on Saturday and Sunday.. Be back late Sunday Night..

Going up north around Finland.mn. area.. Where the snow takes us... lol

Should be a fun little ride..

PM me if you want to go??

Heres a couple pics

Rode 89 miles on Sat. Road mostly forest roads! IT was Mint Fresh Untracked!!!!

Rode 100 Miles Again All FRESH!

Pro is broke IN!

Picture 393.jpg Picture 391.jpg Picture 392.jpg Picture 382.jpg Picture 377.jpg Picture 375.jpg

Cool! I see you had some overhanging limbs.

iI rode a bit here arround Duluth, and I too had a lot of limbs to deal with.

Owen

Looks good Matt.

Should be ready to join you guys by January if all goes well putting the sled together.

Of course I'm currently accepting offers of help to accomplish that:face-icon-small-win

Sooooooo Matt,

How did you like the new sled? I know it was limited snow while breaking it in but had to be nice to get some seat time.

Loved IT!!

It pulls so hard!

Just a couple little things i have to change or tighten..

Track tension...

Adjust hand bars back a little

Narrow up the skis stance

back off rear spring a little bit... i am a light guy!!

But yes Loving it!!

it just gets on the snow and GOES!!

it is easy to side hill to the left little harder on the right.. tryed not using the mountain bar.. i used it once.. side hilling to the right.. i was deep down in a ditch.. it went right to the road! Fast! Still trying to find the balance point.. it is there.. a little farther over then the IQ chassis..

Gas MPG was pretty good also for a 800 guessing around 10 - 12 MPG..

OO also make sure you click hi or low.. not off on the hand warmers.. Hands get COLD fast! i was switching from hi to low i guessing i didn't get it all the way on the low side.. just a FYI

Matt

just curious cuz it looked like that area. i know that highline well. actually i'm sitting almost directly under that highline as we speak! haha

Just a FYI

But a Forest Service MAP!!

It has Every thing on it!! Logging roads , Snowmobile Trails.. lakes, Roads Towns

yes so i was right. the northshore trail crosses the highline and tracks about a mile or so east of the train tunnel. your between the cramer and the 600 rd. well us locals call it the 600 rd. i thinks it's like forest rd. 138 or somethin? i don't need a map i grew up here man i know the area well! email me sometime when your comin up and we could meet up and do some riding. i grew up in finland and live in schroeder now to get closer to work. i work at the power plant that feeds those powerlines.. we could meet up at trestle or west branch or somethin and ride from there. email. mhuseby@mnpower.com

So how much snow do you guys have up there after todays snow? Might have to break out the sleds for a day trip.:face-icon-small-win

North Shore trip

My friend and I drove up from the twin cities last saturday morning and rode from Two Harbors to Finland and then up toward Tofte and then back. Just over 90 miles round trip and didn't meet a single other sled on the trails. They were rough, but very rideable. Here are some pics.
154640_639734485139_33805029_35963229_465918_n.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

yes so i was right. the northshore trail crosses the highline and tracks about a mile or so east of the train tunnel. your between the cramer and the 600 rd. well us locals call it the 600 rd. i thinks it's like forest rd. 138 or somethin? i don't need a map i grew up here man i know the area well! email me sometime when your comin up and we could meet up and do some riding. i grew up in finland and live in schroeder now to get closer to work. i work at the power plant that feeds those powerlines.. we could meet up at trestle or west branch or somethin and ride from there. email. mhuseby@mnpower.com

Sounds good... Ya.. we could meet at Trestle..

i'll let u know

matt

You guys talking about the Trestle Inn? It's been years since I've been there. I used to go there with my cousin and his father, they are friends with the couple who used to own it 12 or 15 years ago.

Premium Features

Back