• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any luck with these

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
i see a good deal on a push turbo kit

Arctic Cat M8 G CROSSOVER Turbo Kit

are these a decent kit with the third injector that they now have added..??..decent in the tree;s and easy to tune..??

we are running
Arctic Cat M8 HP PG Turbo Kit --4,695.
yes, it is some expensive than crossover kit, but only 1000 bucks.
but is really better than crossover. Tial wastegate works very well.
Fast response and it hasn't any turbo spikes.
3rd injector works good and dobeck piggyback is fast and easy to tune.
Good price, good product and good deal i think.

I didn't use it, but price is very well.
I think it will work good at 7-8psi.
Do it and say us :D
Good Luck!

I bought the 2 injector kit last summer and put it on my 2010 m8. It took some tuning to get it to run good, and I have to add a little race gas. But I have to say, once you get it dialed, it runs great. I run 7LBS. Also, I had to buy the boondockers timing module.

the kit doesn;t have a boondocker box does it..??..i think pure logic or attitude/dobeck..same tuning....why did ya need the timing module..

Last edited:
ok...so it retards timing as rpm increases..to prevent detonation on boost...on my bigbore i have a 2 1/2 degree timing key ADVANCED with my 14 to 1 heads...i guess i should REMOVE this key before even considering boost...????..

I bought the 2 injector kit last summer and put it on my 2010 m8. It took some tuning to get it to run good, and I have to add a little race gas. But I have to say, once you get it dialed, it runs great. I run 7LBS. Also, I had to buy the boondockers timing module.

so yours is the crossover kit..??..what elevation are you at..

Def remove the +2.5key!!!! I dont think you can run that h/c head either! I have a push rg kit on my 1000 not the same sled but mine runs good and makes tons of power for what its worth! Took some time tunning it though(half the season)went through some parts lol. Ended up using a bd box in the end to get it where i was happy! Beware there isnt alot of help from push because he considers himself a manufacture! But mountain magic sports and dacoata perf are both very helpfull. I beleive kevin has been running the cheaper g kit for a few years now and has been very satisfied with it!

so yours is the crossover kit..??..what elevation are you at..

Yes, mine is an older model of the crossover kit, I DO NOT have the third injector. My understanding is that with the third injector, you will not need the timing module. What the timing module does is like you said, retard the timing as the RPM increses so that you do not need the race gas or third injector. If the kit you found has the third injector, you shouldnt need the timing module, depending on your elevation.

If you found a good conditon used kit for $1600, you should buy it. Even if you have to buy some more stuff to make it work, you'll be in good shape. I run 7 LBS of boost and it so much fun.

My elevation is 5-7000 feet.

ok...one other thing someone can possibly answer...
on Push web site they talk about all the great advantages about the EXTERNAL WASTE GATE.....and the many disadvantages of the INTERNAL waste gate,choppy,slow lag etc etc

The part im having a problem with is that the crossover kit is an INTERNAL waste gate,so what makes their crossover kit perform when Push themselves have a whole article saying its inferior..??..thats a red flag to me,can anyone explain it..??..one of the Push dealers or a sledder that knows ??..i would really appreciate it being explained why Push feels the Internal is ok for this one kit ??

6 Reasons for Using an External Waste Gate

Push Turbo is the first to offer an external waste gate. The waste gate is the brains of the turbo system as the turbo is the heart. The 6 reasons for using an external waste gate are overwhelming.

1. You can run a smaller exhaust housing because not all of your exhaust is going through it like an internal waste gate. This allows for 2 things, less weight and more importantly…a faster spool up time.

2. The valve has a seat where the internal waste gate does not causing it to constantly bleed. A bleeding waste gate causes slower spool up time.

3. With the waste gate outside the turbo housing you get a nice, clean arrow dynamic flow through the housing and the turbine. With an internal waste gate the flow is choppy inside and washes out the turbine wheel flow on the outside. This is why some turbo kits try to separate the waste gate exhaust from the turbine exhaust. Although they may see a good horse power gain, it does not help the choppiness inside the housing which causes the slower spool up time.

4. Valve speed can be ten times faster than an internal waste gate. What this means is your on off throttle response is very clean and instant boost when back on the gas. Internal waste gates are slow because of the linkage and actuator size, causing poor on off response. A good diagnosis of this is you think your blow off valve is not working properly slowing your response time down. While this is partly true it is very bad not to run a blow off valve. Not running one will damage your turbo. This is what should be going on. You get off the gas causing the blow off valve to open and the waste gate to close causing the turbo to speed up for an instant and actually flowing more boost air. There is no resistance in the charge tube (air is free flowing out the blow off valve). Next you get back on the gas, the blow off valve closes and the waste gate is closed causing instant boost and all is well. This is what will happen with an internal waste gate. You get off the gas, the blow off valve opens, the waste gate slowly starts closing and your turbo does not get that extra turbo speed (all flow and speed is lost). You get back on the gas, blow off valve closes, and you slowly build boost. If you do this a few times in a row it becomes very apparent. If you disable the blow off valve it would improve your throttle response in this quick on off situation but will also damage the turbo at the time. As you can see an internal waste gate is beyond it’s capabilities in this application.

5. Boost pressure is held much better because of the valves bigger size, speed and capability to seal. What this means is you are not fluctuating boost pressure like an internal waste gate or momentarily over boosting. This will make drive ability much smoother when varying the throttle position in a technical riding situation.

6. As you can see the waste gate is the most critical component in the system. It is not a place for compromise where performance is sought out

so at 2300 ft to 5000 ft i should run a lower compression head then my 14 to 1..remove my 2.5 key...and be 0k at 7-9 lbs boost..with the internal wastegate...??..

or am i ok with the higher compression head at my elevation..??..and the bigbore should not be an issue..??..just remove the key..??

so is it corresct in my understanding the generally at lower elevation your are ok with higher compression and lower boost and at higher elevation you want higher compression and higher boost..??

An externally gated setup is better if your looking for the best of everything when matched correctly for the entire kit... But choosing the most affordable entry level kit is not going to have the best of everything and you should expect that. If you can be content with a true low boost setup then this is a great entry level performer. If your like me and the boost gauge only goes higher and higher then look elsewhere...

- This is a undersized turbo that creates a ton of heat. This kit on a dyno will run near 300 degree charge temps on sustained runs. The 3rd injector helps cool the charge air significantly but not better than a properly sized turbo. It would be fine for low boost and mix in some higher octane. The G-28 turbo used in this kit is a knock off turbo and should not be confused with a true Garrett gt2860... The hot side is actually smaller then the gt2860 in other kits hence the heat.

- The clutching is poor. Upgrade to MDS or MMSports.

- I haven't heard great things about the fuel controller. Upgrade to Attitude

- I wouldn't be scared of the kit and Kevin @ MMsports can help with anything.

What big bore do you have?

Your best bet for figuring out what all you will need is to call Kevin at Mountain Magic Sports and talk to him. He knows a lot about those kits and can help you out a lot.

Premium Features

Back