• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any axys silber kits on the snow yet?

I think $6900 with out clutching

I would hope it would be better if you have to spend twice as much on it. Problem is, I'm not sure it could run any better than the Silber kit. At least not the ones I have been around. There was not a spot any where that I thought it was off on the tuning. And I have been around my fair share of turbos. It's just very impressive.

Turbo

I think what most are thinking is that it's going to be mid January before they get there kit. December was a phenomenal snow month for most out west and they don't have their turbo to ride or for some it sounds like not even a sled, or a sled without an ecu. Most experienced last year where the snow came early and never came again. This year could be the same and a turbo won't be needed when there's no snow. I would be upset spending $4500 or $6900 if I never got to ride it in good snow conditions. So time will tell, snow keeps coming and everyone will forget about it, if not I'd be pissed. It really comes down to if u tell someone it will be arriving and it never does(checks in the mail lol) that's not good business no matter what industry your in

My big problem is if you know you don't have all parts why ask for everyone's ecu and then hold them hostage I was stoked but after my experience i cancelled mine and bought a boondocker as well flat bad business I would have waited until ready had they not played that stunt oh well the boondocker is awsome I would buy another

If it makes you guys feel any better, Silber is aware of their shortcomings and they are busting *** to get kits out.

This was a bit of a "perfect storm" with low snow in November paired with a new chassis/motor/computer preventing the environment they needed to get the ECU map dialed until later than expected.

The upside to Silber being methodical to testing/building the map is the kits are working extremely well.The downside is they are late and customer service has suffered a bit.

There will be process brought forward to keep this from happening again, increase communication with costumers and overall boost efficiency. Growing pains of a growing business.

Stay patient. Its worth it.

So you guys upset about waiting and switched to boondocker. I don't think they had there kits ready till the second week of December. I know Silber had theirs going the third week. So a week was too long to wait? I get the whole send in the ECU thing if someone jumped the gun on that. I don't know if that was Silber or guys wanting to get their stuff as early as possible and got excited and sent them in too early. I know I would rather wait a couple weeks and have the tuning all sorted out then have to get an update cause the thing didn't run right.

I got my Silber kit installed 1st week of December and road it the second week ran very well.

I got my Silber kit installed 1st week of December and road it the second week ran very well.

So why is everyone so upset on the wait. The one guy went impulse cause he was tired of waiting and he's still not riding his impulse. Sometimes I think these guys come on here to bash and never had any intention to install the Silber kit. It always seems to be the guys with hardly any post history.

So why is everyone so upset on the wait. The one guy went impulse cause he was tired of waiting and he's still not riding his impulse. Sometimes I think these guys come on here to bash and never had any intention to install the Silber kit. It always seems to be the guys with hardly any post history.
It's not entirely about the wait. It's about the LACK of professionalism! You can never get a straight story. Texting with him is like English is a second language and good luck getting him on the phone. He replies with stuff like he text the wrong person...Answers that had nothing to do with the question. I think Justin is a nice guy and his stuff obviously works, but I am done with the lack of communication. Plenty of others to choose from so that's what I did.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So why is everyone so upset on the wait. The one guy went impulse cause he was tired of waiting and he's still not riding his impulse. Sometimes I think these guys come on here to bash and never had any intention to install the Silber kit. It always seems to be the guys with hardly any post

Actually I paid my money he told me to send my ecu and two weeks later of him not answering the phone we finally got a hold of him and he claimed to of shipped them one week after that called I had enough and wanted my ecu didn't care about the turbo and come to find out they hadn't been shipped he never even opened the box so I cancelled and went some where that was not going to play games I have no doubt that he makes a good kit but I could only imagine what it would be like if something went wrong and needed repair I hope he figures it out and maybe I will try again and as far as bashing I don't think that's the case it's more like buyer beware

Jake that sounds lame sorry to hear your bad experience

i will say that i hope you'll contribute to turbo threads
with good news too. seeing as you have only 5 posts
you can see why someone might get suspicious

anyway good luck with the other kit
let us know how she works

kits are rolling out i got mine last week just got it installed on sunday i will be doing a rightup on snowest of install suuuuupppper easy and the fit is amazing with no issues at all great kit. I got to test it out at home we have snow on the ground so i filled the tank with av gas and boost is set a 7psi am my elevation out my shop door is 523 ft wow this thing is crazy. throttle response is believe it or not is better then stock no lag whatsoever, but i havent riddin it at 10k feet with 3 feet of powder yet. But on a good note it is quit a bit quieter then my 12 turbo pro.

thats good news

actually the down low rpm cruising around is what kills me on my pro kit once on the flipper it doesn't bother me
i figure it's cause the turbine is spinning faster and breaking up the sound ?

6000 RPM has a very pronounced change in sound tone and levels as well as power. These sleds are pretty crazy boosted. Lined up next to a clutched NA axys mine gave up nothing from a dead stop. My previous clutched pro would easily pull 10 to 15 feet ahead of a boosted pro from a dead stop...and then get completely wasted by it after they spooled....not anymore. The exhaust valve design on this jug definitely makes the power delivery completely different from the CFI 2 engines.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back