• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anti ratchetig drivers??????

Y
Dec 23, 2009
Ak
The problem is that the drivers don't line up with any holes or ports on the track, and the rails are to close to the drive axle. Can i just move the drivers to fit the track clips and shorten the rails?

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
You may have to do all of the above, set the drivers on the axle to align with the track clips, be sure to have the correct pitch drivers, cut the tip of the rails back, set the skid back and cut the rail tips and or buy new rails but may have to use longer track if you move the skid back. Once you think you have enough clearence between the drivers and skid tips lift the sled up and put a block under the front part of the rear suspension then let the sled back down collapsing the front of the rear suspension and see if everything clears.

Y
Dec 23, 2009
Ak
Thanks for the info. The pitch and track all match (2.52). I guess i just need to relocate the drivers and cut the rails down. sounds like the easiest without having to move the skid. Cutting the rails down won't cause them to catch on the track or anything wierd like that will it? I wouldn't think so but just thought I'd ask.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Thanks for the info. The pitch and track all match (2.52). I guess i just need to relocate the drivers and cut the rails down. sounds like the easiest without having to move the skid. Cutting the rails down won't cause them to catch on the track or anything wierd like that will it? I wouldn't think so but just thought I'd ask.

If you are going to cut that much off of your rails, make sure to run an "anti-stab" kit. Without on one, you will most likely stab your track.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
If you want to run antiratchet drivers make sure you purchase the ones that drive the two rows of track nubs (like the stock ones)
I tried the antiratchets with only one side driving the track nubs and it ran real noisey and had a bad viberation.
After only a few rides they were really worn badly and I had to go back to stock.
IMHO I would not use them.

Y
Dec 23, 2009
Ak
Thanks for the info guys. Sorry it took me so long to get back. Just got back home. All the info was perfect. works like a champ. I didnt have to move the skid, just cut the rails down and add an anti stab kit. works great no more ratcheting.

Premium Features