• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another suspension thread But only about M10

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
I'm thinking about trying an M10 suspension on my TM8.

Please, I have heard all about K-mod, Timbersled, Ez-ryde etc, so bear with me guys, I just want to hear from M10 users.

I know the Yammi camp is pretty sold and them or some variation. I only see a few threads about them on the other brands.

What have you experienced on your M10(or variation). Likes...dislikes.

My first dislike is the weight, even in its mountain form, but I'm sure I can whittle off another 5-6 lbs....still a bit portly....but in the ball park.

Have at er fellows!

I have one for sale, including the instal kit if your interested. PM me.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Well I am in the same boat as you.. Want one after having one in my apex. I Called chad at CR racing to see what his current pricing on the rails are and they are way dowm from the craze a few years ago. I loved my CR 174 m10 set up by fastrax.. I was talking to Cptn Ron yesterday and he was saying the racers edge in less money and works just as well and is more adjustable.. So its a toss up for me. I also have heard the m10 doesn't like to side hill? Anyone know why? I also was told not to be afraid of drilling holes and changing stuff with the m10 till it works the way I want.. I finally made some changes and boy it was night and day better.. If you look at the mounts front arm mount location, its several inches forward and so is the rear. The m10 requires bracing between the mount points which can get heavy too.

Jim

Well I am in the same boat as you.. Want one after having one in my apex. I Called chad at CR racing to see what his current pricing on the rails are and they are way dowm from the craze a few years ago. I loved my CR 174 m10 set up by fastrax.. I was talking to Cptn Ron yesterday and he was saying the racers edge in less money and works just as well and is more adjustable.. So its a toss up for me. I also have heard the m10 doesn't like to side hill? Anyone know why? I also was told not to be afraid of drilling holes and changing stuff with the m10 till it works the way I want.. I finally made some changes and boy it was night and day better.. If you look at the mounts front arm mount location, its several inches forward and so is the rear. The m10 requires bracing between the mount points which can get heavy too.

Jim

I suspect the sidehill issue has to do with less transfer. Maybe someone can chime in. Based on some feedback, I think it is possible to get the M10 "loosened up" if needed. There is a pretty crafty quick (block) adjustment devise that I have read about, so I may look into that even further.

I have one going into a CPC 1 Liter. 156 version. I ran the stock Float and the Ekholm Mountain Master and because of the price of a stock M-10 w Air shocks, I decided to try it.
The past two skids works great, for 80% of the time. But when the hill gets really steep, you need to keep them super stiff(which hurts trailability and boondocking) And vice versa. Here's hoping I find a decent balance this winter.

I'm pretty surprised to see how affordable they are now. I'm going to try one this year too. I'm anxious to see how that live axle does at keeping track tension corrected through the travel.

I'm also curious about the coupler block lengths and the effect that they will have on transfer.

I've ran the Live Rear Axle in the Blade and I loved it. Worked excellent. I've been told with too much power the LRA isn't the greatest option tho. Still, that's the route I'm going with this sled.

My new(to me) M10 showed up the other day. It looks new, not sure how much wear is on it. The old EZ ryde works too good for everything else so it's going on the shelf incase this doesn't work out.

sM10air.jpg

Install is critical on these in my experience. My guru is Curt at Fastrax. He also does some magic with the front arm and shock that, in the end, allowed my sled to get up on top of the snow quicker than anything else before or since. Wish I had not sold that skid. :(

Premium Features

Back