• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 2012 thread for basic members Take 2

Good to see Cat with some cool stuff coming. Just curious...where are all the AC guys that told me that there is no reason to change the old M series because it is tried and true?

attachment.php

Is it just me or did Cat use the same primary as the 2011 M8... :face-icon-small-dis

Thanks for the picture

Looks like the same primary. Maybe slightly different secondary?

Guessing we are back to a chaincase judging by were the secondary is.

attachment.php

Is it just me or did Cat use the same primary as the 2011 M8... :face-icon-small-dis

If noticed it says 70 grams 36 degrees? on the clutch gaurd on the pc of tape. Now some cat guy inform me on what the 2011 m8 pulls for clutching?

I just thought 70 grams seems quite heavy for a mountain sled. Could it just be alot of hp?

If noticed it says 70 grams 36 degrees? on the clutch gaurd on the pc of tape. Now some cat guy inform me on what the 2011 m8 pulls for clutching?

I just thought 70 grams seems quite heavy for a mountain sled. Could it just be alot of hp?

and the clutch says 6-9000 which im assuming feet.

planetary drives are more efficient than chaincases therfore it has BIG PWR:face-icon-small-coo

Final drive difference is why you can pull more weight......along with the above said improvements.

so are we back to chains and sprockets? if so bummer never blown a dd but cant count the number of chains i 've broke!!!!! need more info on drive system

Premium Features

Back