• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Annual Copper Creek Bowls Ride and BBQ 2010 Part 2

Shane, I hope you can make it. It just would not be the same without you.

Planning to go up Friday and check BBQ, parking, turnarounds, etc...

I also hope to do a tad of riding and check out the conditions.

Due to the recent activity that has occurred in the US and Canada, everyone should be aware that the conditions will most likely be CONSIDERABLE to HIGH. Please think wisely. Know where you are parking and take the necessary precautions. If you choose to just come to the BBQ that is perfectly fine. If you choose to ride elsewhere in Lincoln, that is also fine. If you choose to come and ride up in the bowls, you do so at your own risk. Remember, 1 person on the hill at a time. Let's have an awesome, perfect day.

x2.

Be safe. Be smart. Be aware.

X3 I Third that but......if no more snow falls on the Mtn along with the rest of the week being in the upper 40's, I would say that you will see some 4-8 at a time racin the Main Bowl by the end of the day. not to stir pot but just being OPtiMisTic...:face-icon-small-win

I hope we don't catch a bunch of peeps sitting at the base of the bowls with their hoods up and sleds pointed uphill.

The main bowl is a great place for everyone to stick their head in the sand when it comes to gathering at sitting there.

Yes, we got a huge reminder last year that the main bowl can and does slide. Thank God it was early, natural, and no one was there. The safe zone was wiped with 30+ ft of snow and debris. Just pay attention.

btw Pam, the conditions during that Huge slide are a far cry from today but still will have peeps stickin heads in sand @ the base of main bowl. Pam, You will just have to go up and see friday. Thanks!
btw, we will bring desert and onions, ok.

Spud I was thinking you were giving Scott some guff.... I like that he is supporting Jesse James by having a picture of him as his avatar.

I mean bless Sandra B but the simple fact that Scott is looking past the transgressions as bad as they are and publically supporting Jesse is a testament to the kind of guy he is.

TAKE BEACONS!
TAKE PROBES!
TAKE SHOVELS!
TAKE YOUR BRAINS!!!!!!!!

If someone dies I will kick their AZZ!!! Thats said to be in jest certainly not serious!

I am taking avy gear to save your life! I expect you to have yours to save mine if anyone shows up without it.... I am sorry but given conditions you are being both ignorant and irresponsible!

Scott Would be a great idea to dig a pit at the main bowl to show people those conditions first hand ya??? It sure impacts more when you witness it first hand.

From the snow conditions thread!

Snow conditions are also terrific. Easily 12 inches of new stuff when we arrived. Probably wasn't the greatest day to have the hood off but what the heck. Only 10 or so other riders there all day. Although wicked temping we never attacked Main Bowl or the hills at Lake Bowl due to avalanch danger. Nobody laid a single track on main bowl. Also didn't venture over to left of Lake Bowl. One time we did have to dig out after getting stuck right almost at the top of the hill up to the wilderness boundary to the right of Main Bowl. Below the 12 inch layer of new snow was some serious bullet proof hardpack......kinda made me feel a bit unsure of that hill too. Due to low snow and wind blow there is lots of stuff showing that I have never seen before but still great snow cover for all areas.

If anyone has a problem with what I wrote about being ignorant and irresponsible... talk to Jesse... errrr I mean Scott he will back me up!

We came on the wreck on Highway 12 past Lolo Sunday eve... didnt look good at all... RIP and sorry for your loss...

Jesse James? LMFAO. Is THAT who that is in my avatar?

BTW, in the Part 1 thread toward the end of page 2, I did offer to dig a pit and offered for anyone to participate in the testing demo and combine/compare knowledge.

I'll copy that post here:

More than a foot of snow has fallen up there in the last 10 days on OLD sun-exposed layers .

I think it's important that a snow pit is dug up there and ANYONE who wants to catch up on the current snow conditions shall be invited to observe and share input.

Scott great minds think alike!

LOL seriously I thought it was Jesse till Spud gave you crap and I had to look twice!

You look like a Bad Azz! I like!

That was my wrestlingseasondon'tfeellikeshaving and myearshurtsrightnow picture. LOL

I think there will be 4 to 6 more in my group.
And also if I see some one be stupid on the mountain they will get either an *** chewing like they've never had or a swift kick to the head. Just my 2cents.

Seriously guys I am not sure whether I will make it or not. My granddaughter is having a 1st birthday party and its just a busy weekend. This is why I havent piped up before now. Would like to bring me and my gorgeous wife for our first ride of the season!

Yeah, the snowpack is climbing up a few % points and we might have another week or two to ride this year.

Premium Features

Back