• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alyeska HillClimb

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Is that the sled your running?

Never seen a 2smoker run 20lbs of boost at sea level, good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: AkHockey10
I
Nov 26, 2007
20lbs...that's it?

I was thinking of putting 50lbs of lead on mine so the fourstrokers would have a chance.

What's the date?

Edit: friday may 2nd....I'll try to make it :D

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I've been paying insurance on my sled since I bought it and haven't used it yet, thinking the hillclimb might be an appropriate time lol.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Is that the sled your running?

Never seen a 2smoker run 20lbs of boost at sea level, good luck with that.

no not my sled. i wish! You guys are more then welcome to ride with the guy that owns it. He just replaced the Crank in it. One a season... sled rips guys. Ive rode it once andI loved it but he Claims riding up a chute doing 70 mph.... And he does not really have a reason to lie..

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Not everyone really has a reason to lie........ they just like to fib alittle. So is he going to be riding it or are you, im confused.

Mike, you have to add more weight than that to make it close to even for me, cmon add at least 75. 25lbs in the back and 50 in the front to keep the front down

B
Nov 26, 2007
im gona ride it. I know people talk there sleds up but this one is the real deal. Running a Motor at this kinda power and boost. You Break stuff. Plain and simple. He will be riding a Big bore Xp 146 mod. I think hes taking his turbo out to placer on sat. wana come out?:beer;

B
Nov 26, 2007
So wheres your turbo m1k?. Having flashbacks of last year...hows the bb m9 goin?

m1k is in Mammoth Lakes Cali. I was Thinking of Going Bigbore but really never went that route. at this point i got my sled up here in ak dialed in. I can place it where most 800 and 1000's can go. Anyways. Who else is goin?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Don't bother taken your big bores/turbos out of the trailer...I think I will enter my 1994 340 indy sport in the open mod....Don't laugh...I just put new plugs in her!:rolleyes: lol

Great time last year, hope to see you guys again this year!

I
Nov 26, 2007
Mike, you have to add more weight than that to make it close to even for me, cmon add at least 75. 25lbs in the back and 50 in the front to keep the front down

I'll let you ride on my skis.

What does a guy need to do to sneak by tech for the hillclimbs? Have a tether? What about a killswitch?

What's needed for the drags? Blaze orange helmet? Tail light?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
I'll let you ride on my skis.

What does a guy need to do to sneak by tech for the hillclimbs? Have a tether? What about a killswitch?

What's needed for the drags? Blaze orange helmet? Tail light?

http://ammcracing.com/ammc_new_008.htm

At the bottom of this page lists out the different Makes you put in your application for. Should go into details about what you need to have and not have on your machine.

Going to try and make it to the races this year, get a group together and hang out at Aly for the day, pending the snow riding for the day hehe

I
Nov 26, 2007
or what make a Mod, or Stock in the Hillclimb/HillX?

If that question was directed at me then I'll answer it. I'm purty sure mine's a stock 600...I'm just wondering what the requirements are for safety equipment...so far we've got...

Long snow flap (touch the ground?)
Tether
Scattershield on clutches (extends to the center bolt?)

Do I need a tail light or is that just for Sno-X?
What's the requirements for numbering?

What about rider requirements? Do I need an orange helmet or is that just Sno-X? I'll wear my tek vest and tether either way.

What's the entry fees and AMMC membership fee?

Thanks for any help guys...I don't want to drive all that way just to fail tech :(

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Last year we didnt have to wear any orange on the jacket or helmet for the drags. I had on my normal riding gear and protection and away we went. Tether was a must but snowflap and clutch guard was lightly enforced but encouraged. It was a last minute deal so they just snuck the races in.

For the hillclimb i think its another story meaning you must have the clutch covers, tether, orange, number and so on.

Bottomguy, i will believe it when i see it. Ive heard alot of "fibs" on your end so if there is really a sled running 20lbs of boost good luck to you. Why dont you run your twin turbo fully built apex while your at it, i didnt for get about that one or is that one in the states to?

Last edited:
Reactions: icr
Premium Features