• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska Pilgrimage 2013

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
Here is the route on that same trip:

main.php

You can ride through the mountains from seward to cooper landing to homer.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Is there a lot of riding on the Kenai?

Without selling out the "secret" spots that are highly protected by locals, there is a ton of riding on the Kenai. The two most popular areas are the Caribou Hills (between Soldotna and Homer) and Lost Lake (near Seward). You could ride in these areas for years and never see it all, they cover and area as large as some entire states.

http://www.akchch.org/maps.htm

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aktrails/ats/ken/lostlk.htm

There is also Turnagain Pass on the Kenai Penninsula which is the closest to Anchorage.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Are bluebird days far between?

Somedays I would like to move up there and work for HEA.

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
Lost lake is like any other mountain riding. The bluebird days come with cold and wind and the snow sucks. The really really good riding isn't super frequent. You need to wait for spring time.

I rarely ride before december just because it's hard on equipment and because it's dark and cold. Come Jan-Feb we mostly ride petersville because it's closer and there is a bit of good riding to do that way, then March and April we turn south and ride the peninsula.

This year I'm just putting around with the kids on old sleds because I sold my mod sled and I don't think I can swing a new one this year. What I really want doesn't exist unless you are willing to part with a bunch of money. 170hp in a pro ride chassis.

schu

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
When is the best time to come up? Thinking about taking two weeks off march and making the drive.

Premium Features