• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ak riders!

YZ426F

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Alaska
I'm 35 years old ride a RT1000 that will soon be a 1100 when I get back home from work.Drive a 08 F450 summer toy's are a 02 yz426 a 05 yz450 and a 06 custom weld storm jet boat.

Last edited:
A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Theron, Anchorage, 32

01 Black F150
07 Blue/Silver Summit 800
79 Elite 450 only at Arctic Man
Thinking about 09 Summit 800 next week

On a side note, some idiot shot me while I was hunting a couple months ago, but Im back on the sled now.

I'll ride with anyone once. Let me know.

SANY0040.jpg

37.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Wait a minute you can't just post "some idiot shot me" and not follow through with the particulars...

T

Theron

Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage
profile.myspace.com
Wait a minute you can't just post "some idiot shot me" and not follow through with the particulars...

I was back in Vermont deer hunting. I was sitting in a fold out chair on the edge of a field when all of sudden I found out how the deer feels. There is no orange requirement in Vermont but I was wearing a blaze orange hat. I was in plain sight probably 100 yards away from the idiot when he shot me. He said he thought I was a buck. Vermont rules require a buck with two points on one side, so you may ask how do you shoot a person???? Anyhow, the bullet entered in my hip and exited out my groin. I guess I was lucky aside from being shot in the first place, and before you ask about the "groin", it is fine, a little worse for the wear but all parts are in place and functioning.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I was back in Vermont deer hunting. I was sitting in a fold out chair on the edge of a field when all of sudden I found out how the deer feels. There is no orange requirement in Vermont but I was wearing a blaze orange hat. I was in plain sight probably 100 yards away from the idiot when he shot me. He said he thought I was a buck. Vermont rules require a buck with two points on one side, so you may ask how do you shoot a person???? Anyhow, the bullet entered in my hip and exited out my groin. I guess I was lucky aside from being shot in the first place, and before you ask about the "groin", it is fine, a little worse for the wear but all parts are in place and functioning.

Wow, you'd with the antler restrictions you'd be alittle safer, kinda like moose hunting around here. Yet people shoot cows all the time sweaaring they saw antlers of the right size and shape. Glad to hear you made out well. Happens alot back in Mn where I grew up and it is all blaze orange there! Idiots.

T

Theron

Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage
profile.myspace.com
Wow, you'd with the antler restrictions you'd be alittle safer, kinda like moose hunting around here. Yet people shoot cows all the time sweaaring they saw antlers of the right size and shape. Glad to hear you made out well. Happens alot back in Mn where I grew up and it is all blaze orange there! Idiots.

Hunting back east is a different animal. I think you are far less likely to get shot in AK, but imagine if you were. I thought a 308 was bad. I cant imagine getting hit by a 338. Aparently the odds of getting shot are like the odds of being in a plane crash, but I dont think that help my paranoia next time I decide to take to the woods, especially back east.

A link to article. It was on ADN but couldnt find it.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20081119/NEWS02/81119006/1001/NEWS

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Hunting back east is a different animal. I think you are far less likely to get shot in AK, but imagine if you were. I thought a 308 was bad. I cant imagine getting hit by a 338. Aparently the odds of getting shot are like the odds of being in a plane crash, but I dont think that help my paranoia next time I decide to take to the woods, especially back east.

A link to article. It was on ADN but couldnt find it.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20081119/NEWS02/81119006/1001/NEWS

Unbelievable...I read all the comments on that story....what a crack up. There is no excuse for shooting someone while hunting, ESPECIALLY when they are sitting in a purple chair and wearing a bright orange hat.

Its good to hear you're fine. Its one thing to get shot, but it would be salt in the wound to be shot in the family jewels.

A

akhunter75

Aug 23, 2002
akhunter75

34/M/ Anchorage.... I ride P-ville,LL, turny, J-pass, snug harbor, hatcher's crash etc......08M1000 ( for sale CHEEP!) 09 M1000 LE , 08 Thundercat with 28" 589s, 07 Duramax w- 4" exaughst /EDGE (500 hp) ....................

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

Theron, please tell me that before you blacked out you shot the idiot? I cannot believe some of the people in this world..glad to hear everything works and you are in good shape...

A
Jan 5, 2008
Im a youngin(16) Ride a 04 Pro x2 600. Drive a white ford F-150.
Work at The Sled Shed (Give any snowester a deal)
I race ice. Got a xc 500 slightly modded by Doug Flannery. She rips:D

Premium Features