• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Box for M7

S
Sep 16, 2010
Some guys have swapped out the snorkel for one off of the 03-06 440 sno pro. the 440 one is just a little bigger. If you still want to use the stock hood/headlight intake, putting a different box probably won't do much for a stock M7.

Dec 22, 2007
I ran a mod shop airbox for the first time yesterday on my m7. Over all it worked great, Motor ran great. Lost like 8 lbs. Its more for weight loss than hp gains.

The Bad... As you will find with any airbox on the 7's the intake noise is loud. Much louder than the 8's..

Last edited:

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Ive been looking around and have seen that a few guys have put m1000 air boxes into thier M7s. Has anyone done this and if so is there any major power gains?

I think I read somewhere(DynoTech, I think?) that the best HP is with the stock box/snorkle.

However, I couldn't stop myself, I cut mine up for the weight savings.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I tried just about everything when I had my M7....stock worked best. The stock box only weighs like 1 pound, not sure where guys are seeing weight savings unless they ditch the plunum.
Stock box with a mesh hood is the best overall setup IMHO....drops weight and draws cool air.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
THey are nice, I have on in an 06 Mod Sno Pro that will probably make it onto my M1000 next week. Are you guys running the Sno Pro plastic cover also, or just letting it suck air from everywhere? Does snow build up on it if not using the plastic sheet?

Premium Features