• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aerocharger Hybrid Snorkel Intake - Available Now!

Aerocharger_jerry

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
The Aerocharger Hybrid Snorkel Intake is now available:

IntakeInstalled-Outside_zpseacc9fd2.jpg

By allowing for multiple intake areas, this design improves on traditional snorkel setups by increasing air flow and reducing the risk of blockage.

This kit features a heavy engine compartment shroud, which blocks heated air from the engine and clutch compartments. This shroud is a fiber reinforced high-temp composite and does an excellent job keeping engine and clutch heat from bleeding through. The edges of the shroud contour with the stock panels to form a good seal.

The Aerocharger can then draw air from both the snorkel filter and vented mounting bracket. The snorkel bracket has been sized to enable a large air volume to flow into the turbo compartment, thereby maintaining efficiency. The surface of the bracket is covered by a SnowSilk vent screen to increase the intake area.

The snorkel's filter sock is stretched over a semi-rigid spring for best durability from objects while riding. The flexibility of the spring tends to keep snow from sticking to it, and air will continue to pull from the vertical surface area even when other intake areas are blocked. This should ensure that your Aerocharged sled will always have an unobstructed air source to draw from. Should additional snorkel height be needed, this setup can be easily customized with an extension.

The Aerocharger Snorkel Hybrid Intake kit retails for $350. We're doing a limited run for this mid-season release; for orders or questions give us a call at 913-829-3400 or email info@aerocharger.com.

IntakeInstalled-Inside01_zps3468321c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gus bohne

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
You guys make some cool stuff, but not gonna lie that looks cheesy as all Hell.... Why would you put a snorkel on if the intake is not hooked to it? Why not just venting?
You could've simply hooked the snorkel to the intake and put it through the hood and been done with it. No need to cut up your old leather chaps and hang them under the hood:face-icon-small-con

Aerocharger_jerry

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Here's some more info from Brad on this - Aerocharger kits have exceptional system efficiency, and it would suck to compromise that with a restrictive intake. Not everyone rides in deep conditions where this setup becomes necessary, but as folks who are serious about performance, this design is what we personally would want to have on an Aerocharged E-TEC.

Reactions: Summit 800
S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
That's a great setup for that brand of turbo.

I had mine setup in a similar fashion when I had Aerocharger in my 1200 doo.

I run a Garrett now and have a different setup but that is the way to go to avoid all restriction on that turbo.

The 66 needs lots of air to spool quickly. It behaves different than the automotive turbo I have on now. The mixture cannot be too rich or it will not quickly spool up.

These guys have put together a setup that will work in deep powder and not come apart when the sled is rolled.

Anyone who has had snow flowing over the handlebars would know from experience from looking at this intake that it can perform. Yes it may suck a bit of heat in at times but there is adaquate flow in extreme conditions to keep the sled from bogging.

Looks good guys.

Last edited:

Aerocharger_jerry

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, I'm bumping this because we're putting together another run of these intakes. The Aerocharger hybrid intakes were a lot more popular than we expected and we've been sold out for a while now with a growing list of pre-orders. We've also been hearing feedback from the Canadian guys that this is exactly what their sled setup needed, and that it's making a big difference for performance in their snow.

If you're interested in getting one, please give Pete a call at the office at 913-829-3400 and we'll get your name down on the list -at this point in the season we're not likely to produce too many extra.

Thanks
Jerry

Reactions: N.A84
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The snorkel is a good Idea for guys who ride deep snow and need the air. However the shroud looks like it will trap heat under the hood. Trapping heat is a big no, no you want maximum air flow under the hood that will neutralize the heat created by the turbo, exhaust, and motor.

DPG

Reactions: Coturboskillz
D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
The snorkel is a good Idea for guys who ride deep snow and need the air. However the shroud looks like it will trap heat under the hood. Trapping heat is a big no, no you want maximum air flow under the hood that will neutralize the heat created by the turbo, exhaust, and motor.

DPG

Where exactly do you think that heat is going to go when it's powder up to the handle bars?? Put a couple of circle vents in the bottom corner of the panel if you are worried about it.

For a guy with the handle Deep Powder guy I am pretty sure you ride hard pack.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Where exactly do you think that heat is going to go when it's powder up to the handle bars?? Put a couple of circle vents in the bottom corner of the panel if you are worried about it.

For a guy with the handle Deep Powder guy I am pretty sure you ride hard pack.

Circle vents are you kidding ???? Circle vents on a deep powder day are worthless....Instead of worry about your decal kit install large panel vents mag side and pto side.

DPG

Last edited:

Aerocharger_jerry

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
The shroud is there to isolate the intake air from the rest of the engine compartment. We agree that there is no such thing as too much venting on these sleds for best performance. Aerocharger systems ship with basic venting, which is really the minimum amount of venting that we'd recommend. We also have a deluxe vent kit for venting options for every other surface area on the plastics.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The shroud is there to isolate the intake air from the rest of the engine compartment. We agree that there is no such thing as too much venting on these sleds for best performance. Aerocharger systems ship with basic venting, which is really the minimum amount of venting that we'd recommend. We also have a deluxe vent kit for venting options for every other surface area on the plastics.

Jerry, I get it now I thought the air intake was one solid piece directly connected to the unit itself... I wonder if there is away to connect and dis connect the snorkel quickly for easy access when opening the side panel? Perhaps being able to unscrew the air filter only from the hose is one answer.

DPG

Last edited:
Premium Features