• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AEM TRU BOOST controller?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Has anybody tried one of these on an M8 turbo? Looking at em last night on line and they look like a pretty straight forward and easy thing to run. I had the boondocker ebc and hated it but this looks like something I would like.
Thoughts?:face-icon-small-con

X2- looks pretty cool

anybody?? watched the video seems somewhat complex to program it.

Last edited:
Somebody must know something? Don't be shy, good or bad I'd like to hear what you think about it?

Has anybody tried one of these on an M8 turbo? Looking at em last night on line and they look like a pretty straight forward and easy thing to run. I had the boondocker ebc and hated it but this looks like something I would like.
Thoughts?:face-icon-small-con

What did you not like about the EBC?

It's essentially the same thing, but it doesn't have altitude compensation. One thing that I didn't care for was when setting your boost levels, instead of setting 8lbs you have to set it by duty cycle. So it's trial and error until you figure out what duty cycle % = what boost lvl. This is how the early boondocker ebc was as well.

It works as it should and I never had any problems.
Good- Price
Bad- I never use instructions and i was forced to read :face-icon-small-dis

I assume that your talking about the good and bads with the ebc not the aem? I don't like that the ebc is trying to outsmart altitude, weather, temperature and most of all me! I ride 4500-7000 ft on average and if I set my boost at 14lbs I'm happy. I didnt like how the ebc would read something like 8 when I unload at 3000ft and then read something like 27 at 6000ft. It never corresponded with my boost gauge? Where I wanted to be running 14lbs it would be running 12 or 16 or something that but never really got me to where I wanted to be. Just makes me nervous. If the aem sets to 14lbs and maintains 14lbs at 2000ft or 10000ft I can adjust my brain to back off down low or turn the boost up on that rare occasion that I get up to 10000ft. At least if I burn it down this way it's my fault, no saying that the f_($/^g ebc caused the problem.
Maybe I'm wrong, I think it's happened before; )

twisted

Ive seen Stanger run one of these on his sled. May want to call him..... It seemed to work good from what I saw. I have a couple of them sitting in the garage.. I may throw one on this year to try it out....

Honestly I'd go like a greddy or HKS ebc they are progressive boost settings so you can ramp the boost. Rather then having it hit all at once, I think either one of those would be better then the tru boost any day

Honestly I'd go like a greddy or HKS ebc they are progressive boost settings so you can ramp the boost. Rather then having it hit all at once, I think either one of those would be better then the tru boost any day

I'm curious if any one has tried that concept on a sled. I wonder if a slowly ramping boost would play nice with clutching in the trees? It sound like a big lag condition type of effect. I can see where it might be some what of an advantage with a street car application to help keep the tires hooked.

If you want slowly ramping boost just put a Big Turbo on..... IMO the words slow and turbo should never be used in the same sentence.... lol

Well you never know till you try, I just think having that level of control is pretty awesome! Also running something like that you can also set them up to ramp boost faster, cause most waste gates begin open up pretty early in the boost. So keeping that waste gate shut until full boost is possible when you run a progressive ebc. I mean there is no way you can argue that a manual controller will out perform an ebc

Premium Features

Back