• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Actual add on turbo weight

alt

Lifetime Membership
Curious if we can get some input from anyone with first hand experience how much weight exactly a turbo adds to a sled? Comparing apples to apples meaning same kit/same sled, boondocker/ Silber and whatever else is out there. I see some use the rubber hose charge tubes, other aluminum. Looking for actual weight.
Dan

Definitely not lighter but you lose a lot of weight vs the stock can. But only grandpas and trail riders run stock cans so really you are still adding around 15# with a turbo that doesn't have an intercooler or standalone oil reservoir. If you have those I would say you have a 25# gain. Burandts two sleds were 25# difference I believe between his turbo and nonturbo.

Last edited:
Reactions: alt
Definitely not lighter but you lose a lot of weight vs the stock can. But only grandpas and trail riders run stock cans so really you are still adding around 15# with a turbo that doesn't have an intercooler or standalone oil reservoir. If you have those I would say you have a 25# gain. Burandts two sleds were 25# difference I believe between his turbo and nonturbo.

This is just about spot on.

+15 pounds vs an aftermarket can. Most kits these days are intercooler-less and oil from the injector oil.

Reactions: alt
Premium Features

Back