• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ACL Carbon Fiber tank

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
here is a carbon fiber tank installed on an 08 xp, extreemly nice finshish on the tank, it is VERY light, belive it or not i did not weigh it but it has to save at least 10#. The stock tank seemed very heavy in comparison. The seat not only has a very large storage compartment but is also 2" taller, feels very nice to sit that high up on the sled. very happy with this setup.

http://www.c3powersports.com/

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
same here price and capacity..been waiting for one of these to come out

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
From their web site:
C3 REV/RT to XP Carbon Fiber Fuel Tank
$1,499.00
This tank will allow you to use the XP styple clip on seat and save 14lbs over the stock tank on either REV or RT models. It comes with an internal lining to protect the carbon from the fuel.

And this:
C3 XP Carbon Fiber Fuel Tank and Seat Combo
$1,999.00
This tank fits XP models and save 14lbs over the stock tank. It comes with an internal lining to protect the carbon from the fuel. Also includes our C3 Power Sports seat with storage compartment.

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
Thats over my $100 a lb bottom line but very good looking!!!!

Also the weight loss I think is misstated, If I am remembering correctly my stock tank empty weighed by itself 14 lbs. So the carbon tank would have to weigh 0 for a 14 lb loss.

Good Luck

Last edited:
B
Jan 22, 2009
The weight savings was an error.

From their web site:
$1,499.00
This tank will allow you to use the XP styple clip on seat and save 14lbs over the stock tank on either REV or RT models. It comes with an internal lining to protect the carbon from the fuel.

And this:
$1,999.00
This tank fits XP models and save 14lbs over the stock tank. It comes with an internal lining to protect the carbon from the fuel. Also includes our C3 Power Sports seat with storage compartment.

Thats over my $100 a lb bottom line but very good looking!!!!

Also the weight loss I think is misstated, If I am remembering correctly my stock tank empty weighed by itself 14 lbs. So the carbon tank would have to weigh 0 for a 14 lb loss.

Good Luck

You are correct... I apologize the 14lbs savings was an error on my part that was supposed to have already been corrected.

The stock RT/REV tank weighs 11lbs, the stock XP tank weighs 16lbs. Our carbon tanks weigh 6-7lbs.

So its 9-10lbs lighter than stock for an XP, and around 10lbs lighter than stock for a RT/REV when you account for the weight savings of the XP style seat as well.

Sorry for the confusion... I wanted to clear this up don't want anyone to mislead anyone.

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com
here is a carbon fiber tank installed on an 08 xp, extreemly nice finshish on the tank, it is VERY light, belive it or not i did not weigh it but it has to save at least 10#. The stock tank seemed very heavy in comparison. The seat not only has a very large storage compartment but is also 2" taller, feels very nice to sit that high up on the sled. very happy with this setup.

http://www.c3powersports.com/

Nice... I see you did black rails. I did the same. :)

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
From their web site:
$1,499.00

And this:
$1,999.00

That is the most expensive 14 pounds that I have ever seen.

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
not much out of line, titanium a-arms are 800US so thats over 1000$ for 7lbs. We should be very thankful there are even guys out there making sled parts from carbon fiber, sure it would be great if all the stuff was way less money, it aint gonna happen unless some people step up and order parts from some of these guys trying to make a go of making this stuff, its easy to sit back and say how its all too much money but without volume price doesnt come down and we need them and others like them to stay viable and keep making cool products. You want a light weight sled it doesnt come in one nice inexpensive piece, it comes in many small expensive piecies and thats how its goes untill wal-mart starts to build carbon fiber peices thats the way its gonna be. sorry for rant, but i appreciate all these guys trying to make a go making cool sled parts, the more we support them the more cool parts we'll be able to get, none of it cheap, not skis, BB's, how about 5-7k turbos? there's a good deal, whats that about a $900 garret turbo, blow off valve tubing, regulator and fuel control box--? add that one up, nobody complaing there??

sorry for the rant peace out.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Well for one, when a guy drops 4k to 6k on a turbo setup at least he gets a noticeable and considerable performance gain. I have a friend that makes his own Ti A-arms and stuff and while that stuff is more expensive it doesn't cost him that much. He sells his stuff at half the cost of what these other guys are selling it for. I have purchased carbon fiber stuff for my ATVs, dirtbikes and vehicles and NONE of it is expensive as sled stuff.

I have been around a long time, done a lot of mods and in my experience, most of these prices are driven my greed, not quality. In this economy things are tough for a lot of folks. One would think that prices would come down in order to make more sales. I'll put my XP against an XP with carbon fiber A-arms, tanks, whatever and I bet that mine will be right beside it. If you can afford to drop 1400 on 14 pounds, good for you. One should not criticize others for stating that the price is really expensive, because it is really expensive. It's bad enough that most everybody has to drop an average of 11k on a stock sled of any brand.

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
Well for one, when a guy drops 4k to 6k on a turbo setup at least he gets a noticeable and considerable performance gain. I have a friend that makes his own Ti A-arms and stuff and while that stuff is more expensive it doesn't cost him that much. He sells his stuff at half the cost of what these other guys are selling it for. I have purchased carbon fiber stuff for my ATVs, dirtbikes and vehicles and NONE of it is expensive as sled stuff.

I have been around a long time, done a lot of mods and in my experience, most of these prices are driven my greed, not quality. In this economy things are tough for a lot of folks. One would think that prices would come down in order to make more sales. I'll put my XP against an XP with carbon fiber A-arms, tanks, whatever and I bet that mine will be right beside it. If you can afford to drop 1400 on 14 pounds, good for you. One should not criticize others for stating that the price is really expensive, because it is really expensive. It's bad enough that most everybody has to drop an average of 11k on a stock sled of any brand.

Dbook used to have some custom made carbon fiber gas tanks for his dirt bikes back when he was racing and they would have cost over $1000.00 to buy.

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
A question, what is the tank lined with to resist fuel?

On the price, I said its a bit spendy but not really overpriced. I have built over the years many of my own one off glass and carbon parts and did make a carbon airbox so can for sure say that a carbon tank is going to be a whole bunch more than carbon side panels or hoods.

Good Luck

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Dbook used to have some custom made carbon fiber gas tanks for his dirt bikes back when he was racing and they would have cost over $1000.00 to buy.

Key words: Custom and back. I am talking about these parts that are for sale and in stock, not necessarily considered custom.

Don't get me wrong, these after-market parts are very nice and it would be nice to own them, but they are priced too high.

I like light weight stuff but for 1400 smackers I can modify my motor and do a few other mods and obtain the performance that I desire.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Key words: Custom and back. I am talking about these parts that are for sale and in stock, not necessarily considered custom.

Don't get me wrong, these after-market parts are very nice and it would be nice to own them, but they are priced too high.

I like light weight stuff but for 1400 smackers I can modify my motor and do a few other mods and obtain the performance that I desire.

Anything laid in Carbon is somewhat custom. Snowmobile products tend to be more expensive then say dirt bikes because of the size of the sport for one. Npt as many will be sold to help recoup the cost of development.

I would like to see a single layer clear tank like the old rev's for a decent price. The two layer plastic tanks on a xp suck and are heavy for EPA regulations.

I think these are for the guy that has already done the motor mods and is down to the extreme in saving weight. Any product on a xp that can claim to lose the weight the tank does is expensive. New rear suspension $$$$, Floats $$$$, Doo has already taken away the light easy stuff we used to buy now we are stuck with the big ticket items to save more weight over the stock sled

Premium Features