• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Tribute to Randy Swenson

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Seriously........I'm speachless over the kind words:face-icon-small-blu........I appreciate it 110%:beer;:beer;
I usually don't say much so that wont' change:D
It's a gas riding with a like minded group of riders. Love the time on the mountain and enjoy the social aspect of sledding........it's each sledders passion that creates the hope that sledding will be around for years to come.
:):)
Love the kid picture.......they are the future,and sledding is a family sport!!:D
Now go out and ride!!:beer;:beer;
RS

Cool Pics Jim. It was nice of you to share them with us all.

The first day we met Randy was at Turtle and he was riding the proto RX1 the spring before they were released. Spring 02 I guess. He was incredibly nice the second we met him and after much begging he even let us ride the sled in a 20 foot circle. He watched us wreck three sleds that day and didn't really want us on the RX1 but he obliged anyway. :face-icon-small-hap
Since then Randy has been exceptionally friendly and professional with us and it is always a treat to run into him on the snow.
A great rider and more importantly, a great person.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool pics and sick lines by Randy. That S climb in around the rock is WAY cool. Now let's see how big that climb was. Pan back for a wide angle.

Thunderstruck

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Helena, MT
www.bigskyx.com
Veedy,

Pretty much whoever is standing next to me at the time!! :) Me, Dave Schell, Scott Marquart, Natalie Story, and a few others do stills for us.

Scott,

Here is a pan-back of the chute. You can see his line coming in from the bottom. I think Randy calls it the OVERHANG COULOIR because as you can see by his line, he goes behind (and slightly under) the rock overhang. He popped out way left up by the rock and squeezed through with rock scratches on his cowlings and a badly bent Simmons Gen II ski!! It was a fun pull for sure!

RandyCrazychutepannedback.jpg

JIM

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Fuji is truly a great ambassador for our sport and I am not sure if Yamaha knows how lucky they are to have him on their team. It is awesome to see Fuji out laying the smack on the hills. It gives me inspiration. Congrats my friend!!!

NM

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Randy's definately a class act, always willing to help a guy out, amazing rider as well. :beer;:beer;

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
what's the big deal? i could do all of those on a stocker!

j/k....great pics and randy IS the coolest kid on the block. just make sure you cover the air conditioning vent in the hotel room you're sharing with him if he's had a few! LOL.

jeff

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
The world definitely needs more people like Randy. Love his attitude, love his smiles, love his professionalism, love how he has time for EVERYONE and of course....... I droooooool over his sleds and his pictures!

I was looking at some pics the other day and a thought occurred to me... does Randy ever frown? I hope he shares his smiles with us for many many MANY more powder seasons!

Jim thanks for sharing.... those are some drool inducing pics for sure! :beer; WOW!!!!!!!

Last edited:
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Great Pictures and I'm looking forward to seeing TS7!!!!

Randy is one of my top 5 favorite big mountain riders, His lines are insane, He is an inspiration to big mountain riders everywhere..... Some of these guys are like artists and the slope is their canvas, while the line they carve is the art work!!!

Thanks to all who push the sport and set a new bar!!!

:):beer;

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks Jim. I certainly didn't doubt it was a great climb...and that second pic gave even better perspective.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
First of all Kudo's to Jim for starting this post and yamaha is lucky to have Randy because of his knowledge, ability to ride and his attitude. When people with those abilities have a nose in the air attitude, it is a total turn off and takes away from there abilities. Keep up the great work and attitude to both Jim and Randy.

T
Apr 7, 2008
Salmon Arm BC Canada
i think i can hear them calling ur name as an extremy award winner next season. "best perfomance in a snowmobile film goes to Randy Swenson." How long can the Krazy Kanadian keep it for haha. Congrats to dan for his award.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
About Time

NO DOUBT RANDY'S LINES ARE SICK AND SUPER SKILLFUL! And the photos just back up his ability and grace on a snowmobile. But even more importantly Randy is always someone I point to that I am proud to know in the sport. He has been supportive and helpful in my personal growth as a sledder, and even in ways he probably doesn't even know about. I strive to have an attitude around my family and friends like he does.

Every time I have ever seen Randy, no matter how busy he has been, he has went out of his way to come say hi and ask how things were. I watch him with his family and I am sure his children appreciate him very much. The real evidence of a man's personal standing in life is exactly what is happening in this thread. I, for one, am glad to know him, and I can't wait to see what is in the new Thunderstruck movie. Thanks Jim for the great photos.
BB

Premium Features