• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A must for 6.0 and 7.3 fords

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
"You dont here much of this from any diesel shops cause we invented this"

Ummm NO. This is an old mod that has been around for a long long time. I have owned 3 7.3s and have done this to all 3 of them. My first being a 96 I purchased in 98. I did the mod in 99. Back then it wasn't a new spring, just a 1/8" or 1/4" SS ball bearing did the job (Same on my 97). On my 99.5 a #4 pan head screw ground down to a specified length got my fuel pressure up to 65 pounds.
As for power gains, I have no data to back it up other than seat of the pants feel but if any of the 3 I have done this to picked up as much as 5 to 10 HP I would be suprised.

As mentioned above, the best thing you can do for your injectors is keep good clean oil in your engine. Also add 1 oz. (per gallon of fuel) of 2 stroke motor oil to every other tank of fuel. Your injectors will quiet down and love you for the extra lubrication in the fuel. You can get a gallon at wally world for around $10.00.

spring

ordered mine from gillette showed up two days later, great service,quick shipping, and in a box not an envelope..

I put the spring in 10 mths ago, did not notice a difference right away. Once I installed a Edge tuner my millage went from 12.5 to 18.5 hwy on my 2000 7.3. Don't know if the spring helped or not? But if it saves injectors? I think its $25 spent that can't hurt, if I never replace a injector again.

That's pretty bad when you graduate to ripping people off for $25 at a time Derek.

Maybe you should drop the crack pipe, step up and be a man.

I've seen this before but from what I've seen another major killer of the injectors if not the main killer is the type of oil you use. Most ppl use rotella t 15w-40 which breaks down 3 times faster then other oils. With the oil bein what fires the injectors, the faster the oil breaks down the more the HPOP has to work which in turn makes the injector not fire properly. Another thing to look at is running a regulated return for the fuel system and also a line from one head the the other to properly distribute fuel to both heads.

I am interested in where you got this info.

I am interested in where you got this info.

X 2! I have been running Rotella for years and have had no issues with it. I run it for 5k between changes. I have also run with Delo 400 and noticed no difference.

I call bullsh!t on this, although I now run the 5-40 synthetic Rotella, all the years I ran 15-40 I never had an issue, only went to synthetic because of the -30 mornings here in the winter.

Derek,
I ordered a spring from ya- you said you would ship it on last monday.
Well- today is 1-10-11 and still no spring-
I am calling the credit card company tuesday-
Man- this does not look good for ya-at all.

I will never deal with ya again.

still no action....
emailed him looking for a refund a month ago....2 weeks ago I get a email that said he sent me 2 springs...im not sure where he sent them but it wasnt to me!!!!

fuel spring for 7.3

Put in the new fuel spring and noticed th diffrence right away. Better throttle response and better milage whitch is huge these days. This truck has a banks six gun chip, air intake k&n, 4 inch pipe all the way out, regeared with 456 gears and running 40'' inch toyo mt ,also has the addrinalin high pressure oil pump. Well worth the 25 bucks

Premium Features

Back