• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo R

I think it’s all about what max boost the manufacturer is comfortable for warranty. I think the Doo is 6-6.5 pounds of boost max. Sure they could let it rip to 12 pounds but the engine won’t live. Not sure how high the Polaris boost puts out, but it’s probably similar.

You lose 3% for every 1000 ft. So at 9000 ft you lose 5.4 hp (You have 174.6 hp). So at 10,000 ft you lose 10.8 hp (You have 169.2).

Some videos are saying 9000 ft, hmmm. Though it’s probably 8,000ft in reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's most likely linked to the compressor map of the turbocharger (size of the turbo)

Theoretically the engine sees no additional stress with the system just compensating for atmospheric pressure so even if the motor has to make 8.5 lbs at 10K the hp output is still 180. Although if it is truly making 15 more hp than this years it will be 190+ according to the dyno numbers I've seen.

With that said, a larger turbo does introduce more lag...all things equal.

My guess is why not? Going from 160-180 gets everyone selling last years sled and buying a new one. They have to leave something on the table to tempt you into buying a 2024

Premium Features

Back