• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Polaris with the New Arctic Cat TEAM Roller bearing Drive Clutch

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
911 cover will help unless there is previous damage.
Dan can make your new covers with the massive bushing like 911 cover?

As an addition to your weight concern, I was considering custom ordering a tungsten balancer ring thingy to add more weight to my ctec2 clutch. I agree with you about not enough weight.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: A@ron
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The only roller bearing I see in the RZR clutch is what appears to be a belt landing bearing (#10) for the idle position between the sheeves.

What is its overall purpose?RZR Clutch.JPG

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Can run the belt deflection tight. Belt sits higher in secondary like starting in a lower gear without all the squealing.

Reactions: BeartoothBaron

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Can run the belt deflection tight. Belt sits higher in secondary like starting in a lower gear without all the squealing.

That makes a lot of sense. Tightening up the belt deflection to just below the point where the track starts rolling at idle with the tail off the ground is a common approach; obviously, you can take that a lot further with a rolling sleeve. Any idea if you still set deflection using the straight-edge and ruler? Makes me wonder if there's any reason you couldn't just run it all the way out with the roller bearing...

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
A heavier clutch better matches the new lightweight crankshafts on todays new motors. It has to do with harmonics and engine and clutch longevity. True that a lighter clutch can give a little quicker rev response, but it will come at a reduced lifespan for both the engine and clutch. The P85 clutch is already very light and in many applications works better with the electric start drive ring attached.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A heavier clutch better matches the new lightweight crankshafts on todays new motors. It has to do with harmonics and engine and clutch longevity. True that a lighter clutch can give a little quicker rev response, but it will come at a reduced lifespan for both the engine and clutch. The P85 clutch is already very light and in many applications works better with the electric start drive ring attached.

But the Patriot does not have the porkchop lightweight cranks like the HO 800.

• Sad
Reactions: TRS

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
View attachment 362408

New Lightweight Crankshaft
All-new design is strong and stiff while maintaining low inertia.
  • Larger clutch taper design for durability and serviceability
    • High capacity bearing

Okay sorry, I must have been wrong. I got my info early when they released the motor and it was being compared to the 800HO which specifically said it was pork chop style. The 850 only was referred to as "light weight" but someone on here gave actual motor weights it is was definitely heavier. Likely just the beefier components.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Hey Hey Hey !!! Are you a mind reader ?

I just bought a New ZR 8000 Sno Pro last Wednesday, got the track studded and clutches machined up and installed a set of proto type adjustable weights with slick shift washers and a full driven set with full progressive machined Helix, slick shift washer.

Taking it on its maiden testing run this week end up in Northern Minnesota.

I will post some pics next week.

Oh ! Also installed heated seat and a few other cool things !

Two years ago I machined up a few sets of Proto-type adjustable weights and demo'ed a New M 8000 at the Big Horns and I absolutely Loved the Roller Drive clutch.... I have been testing different Cat Adjustable weights since 2018

This sled will be tested this week-end Normally aspirated and then it's getting fitted with Flat Lander Turbo system to test our new Cat / TEAM Turbo Adjustable weights

We are sneaking into the flatlander Pump Gas Turbo market.

We have been testing a Polaris Rush 800 Axys with pump gas at sea level with great success,

we have the Polaris flatlander set up dialed in..... this week end we are going to push the boost up 2 more pounds and see if our turbo head will handle 2 more pounds on pump gas.

At current boost on pump gas with 24 / 37 Gearing it will put the speedo on 122 to 124 mph with ease.

finally !!! Giving the 1000 Yamaha' s a whooping !! ??

Fun stuff !!

Next summer is going to be a fun Flatlander Turbo Year !!

Thanks, Dan

I dont know about you but I am jealous of what Dan does to make his living..... ok, back to another bullshit conference call! I'll check back later :)

Premium Features