• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 PG Turbo Guy's Questions 4 ya.....

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
What rpm are you guy's running? And are any of you running a different head combo? Boondocker Turbo set up is what I purchased..... Just would like to know if anyone has tried some different things and what they found out...

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i found my sled would run best around 8300 rpm give or take 50rpm. i never tried any different heads, but i did run boost levels from 5-15lbs with the proper fuel and am switching to the 2010 head which lowers the compression enough to run 1-1.5lbs more boost on pump gas, which at my elevation should put me right at 10lbs of boost on 91 octane this year! if you have any questions on anything shoot me a pm, heres some step by step pics of my install if you havent already installed your kit it may be helpful
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x293/jkinzer/turbo install/

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Kinzer is right about the rpm and he should know. He has lots of hours on the system. He is also correct about the 2010 head although 10 lbs seems high even with the new head according to what I had heard from Boondockers. I was thinking more like 8 lbs. on 91 octane with the new head. I presume that he is talking about McCall elevation.

Another thing to consider is the Boondockers boost control part that is going to be available this fall. It will allow you to set your boost and it will automatically adjust it up and down as you go up and down in altitude. It also will have a button for a shot of increased boost as long as you hold it down. It will be like nitrous for that extra umph when you need it except it will not run out and it won't add weight and the fuel is free, more air and fuel shoved in when you need it. It will be part of the PG Turbo package this year. It is available as an add on for earlier kits like mine.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Kinzer is right about the rpm and he should know. He has lots of hours on the system. He is also correct about the 2010 head although 10 lbs seems high even with the new head according to what I had heard from Boondockers. I was thinking more like 8 lbs. on 91 octane with the new head. I presume that he is talking about McCall elevation.

Another thing to consider is the Boondockers boost control part that is going to be available this fall. It will allow you to set your boost and it will automatically adjust it up and down as you go up and down in altitude. It also will have a button for a shot of increased boost as long as you hold it down. It will be like nitrous for that extra umph when you need it except it will not run out and it won't add weight and the fuel is free, more air and fuel shoved in when you need it. It will be part of the PG Turbo package this year. It is available as an add on for earlier kits like mine.

yeah... mine and hestons sleds must be freaks of nature on the boost per octane rating deal. he ran 10.8lbs last year on his m8 w/ no DET code what so ever, I ran 8lbs on straight 91 octane multiple times last year in mccall with no issues, and am planning on running 10 lbs on pump this year but will see how it goes... i cant wait to get the new boost controller... i'll be carrying 2 spare gas cans with race fuel in them in case i finde a hill that needs a little push to pass feature and extra octane!

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Thx for posting the install pics. It's nice to see what's involved. I take alot of pictures just to see how it goes back together. :eek:

Premium Features