• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

740 Union bay! SOOOOOOO CLOSE !

Iam running 400s at 4360 feet! and that just a little rich, but better safe then sorry!!!!
iam going to try and run a set of 380s at 5000-6000 feet , then 360s at 7000 feet, then maybe a set of 340s at 10000 feet
dont know how high those areas are but!

OK KOOL, good to know. I'm at 340/380 PTO/MAG but just installed a Holtzman ATACC compensator so I need to jet for -30 @ 3000 ft. My pipes are a little different than yourss, Mine are jaws, the belly looks a touch shorter. And i'm 722, not 740. But that may be splittin hairs.

OK KOOL, good to know. I'm at 340/380 PTO/MAG but just installed a Holtzman ATACC compensator so I need to jet for -30 @ 3000 ft. My pipes are a little different than yourss, Mine are jaws, the belly looks a touch shorter. And i'm 722, not 740. But that may be splittin hairs.

kk! just make sure you take the time to do the jetting! If it was me i would rip that Holtzman ATACC off and through it in the bush!:eek::eek: lol!
I had the Vari-flow one my sled and it was always ****ing up every thing!!
But its your call!LOL
Its not that big of a deal to jet three times to get to your riding area!

Just my 2 cents!

Later and have fun!!

why dont you try putting power jets on your carbs then you can just turn the power jet to jet have them on my 780 tripple wish i would have done them years ago
thanks dan

why dont you try putting power jets on your carbs then you can just turn the power jet to jet have them on my 780 tripple wish i would have done them years ago
thanks dan

Power jets require still checking, setting, checking again. The ATACC is like Skidoo's DPM, HAC, and I'm sure other manufactures have their names. It automatically adjusts. If I was riding with a bunch of older sleds, that needed to jet too, then it wouldnt be an issue. But, when you ride with XP's and Dragon's. I HATE being the only one with gassy fingers LOL

does not look like you have a roller secondary clutch, if you dont have a team roller secondary then get one or get a roller secondary that best sooot cha needs! it will wake that lil sled right up!! then you just have to put more pin weight in the new p-85 polaris clutch! good luck

power jets have a tube off the bottom of your float bowl and a jet on the
top of your carb that is adjustable mikuni makes nice ones
ps why are you tryin to sell the monster wont it beat the 800s

power jets have a tube off the bottom of your float bowl and a jet on the
top of your carb that is adjustable mikuni makes nice ones
ps why are you tryin to sell the monster wont it beat the 800s

IC!! Sounds cool and easier to change!

Yeah it will beat any good running stock 800 but iam buying a nytro on boost in a few months so i dont really need two!

Ill get more pics on when i get it out of the shop tomorrow!! Lots of stuff went on since the last pics!!

Cheers:beer;

Well shes done!:D:D Let me know what you think?

Ill get more pics for yeah all tomorrow!!

TG:beer;:beer;

OMGSledisdone012.jpg

Now that looks BADAZZ, I like it.

need another shot of the front , I have to see the front of the windshield better, Is that actual diamond plate? if so Sweet Idea, I just might have to Rob it from ya, LOL

Nice Job, Wildcard

Ya Likin the windshield. Why so long on the flap tho??

And is that stock hood or lightweight one?? I'm still searching for a decent priced LW hood, one that won't kill me on shipping too

Last edited:
yes wild!! It is a diamond plate that my dad bent!! I cut it out but he did the bending!! I'll get more pics after school!!

I don't know!! I think I'll cut it off right at the ground! it is a mountain fit hood, it cost my $260 + tax and shipping was $30!! I can get you Waynes e-mail if you would like!!

I'd love to see a front shot of the hood. My last lexan hood was MtnFit, before they had a CDN dealer. Was over $400 to my door. BUT, I was NOT impressed with the quality. Was all wrinkly, real thin in a few spots, which cracked/broke in short order. But still, I can feel the difference with the stock hood back on :(

I'd love to see a front shot of the hood. My last lexan hood was MtnFit, before they had a CDN dealer. Was over $400 to my door. BUT, I was NOT impressed with the quality. Was all wrinkly, real thin in a few spots, which cracked/broke in short order. But still, I can feel the difference with the stock hood back on :(

ya!! I had a clear one on mine to, was total junk. they changed what they make them out of!! this one that I have is really nice and seams to be really strong!! I'll have pics up by 1:30 pm

Nice sled ! i have one very similar need jetting info pilots mains needles and nozzles at about 6000 feet elev. if possible mine has same motor and carbs but a single Psi pipe anything would help thanks

Premium Features

Back