• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

53 Areocharger insight!

sledneck109

Lifetime Membership
Sled is a 2008 m8 OVS Areocharger 53 runs awsome on 10lbs of boost just got my mind open to others that run this setup any pointers out there this is my secound season on this sled and just asking for advice? to keep her running strong!!

i would be scared running 10lbs with the 53 series, i have contacted aerocharger directly, they say 7psi is max they recommend. Upgrade to a 66 series turbo, and crank it up.

This sled was setup buy Travis&Gar from OVS with 10lbs of boost strait Av gas Im sure they no what there doing!! runs awsome no problems!! real easy simple kit! no inner cooler,no oil just 10lbs of fun!! just a older kit!

It might be running great, but odds are you are over speeding the turbine. 10lbs out of such a small turbo on a 800 is asking alot of the 53 series, they are normally used on 600 class engines at less than 10lbs.

The amount of cfm that thing has to huff to keep a 800 sized engine at 10 lbs is asking alot (specially above sea level)

If it works, great run it. Im curious as to how it will turn out.

This sled was setup buy Travis&Gar from OVS with 10lbs of boost strait Av gas Im sure they no what there doing!! runs awsome no problems!! real easy simple kit! no inner cooler,no oil just 10lbs of fun!! just a older kit!

Yes there is oil. There is a brass plug on your compressor wheel housing. That's where u check the oil.
10lbs is too high. I have overspun my 53 at low elevation just pissing around in a field...shim it down to 8 psi, you likely won't even notice much of a performance loss. And u won't have a $1500 turbo repair bill plus the pieces of compressor wheel that go though the engine, you can do math on that.

Alright! 10lbs was to much! Roosted it! Areocharger is rebuilding it as I type! Made it two solid seasons at 10lbs turning it down to 8lbs and running it

Call Garr at OVS. He will tell you don't run over 6 psi with that lil guy. Also he said the intake must be very free flowing. He told me not to run a pre filter because it causes to much restriction. He also said to shoot for 11.5 at the leanest for air fuel. This was for a m7 with the OVS aero 53 kit.

Premium Features

Back