• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3076 on m8000?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Does anyone have experience running a 3076 .64 ar on a PC for mountain riding?

I think Eli and ski-dooin it have on other sleds but I can't seem to be able to look them up on here.

OVS is running either a 73 or 76 on the kit they sell. It's a Comp oiless. I run a 2873 on mine. The 30 will give you more top end but the bottom will be a little spongy. It wouldn't be rippy like you would want it.

the 30 is going to be slow on the low end so just don't let of half way....better temps and hi end flow. down side is the size.

--There was a big discussion a few years back about turbo sizing at altitude

--I have never owned a turboed sled, but I am not convinced the 2860 series turbos are the best way to go at altitude for 800cc

--A 2871 TIAL with a 70 A/R compressor housing, billet wheel, with 4 inch intake and 2 1/2 inch out with a 2 1/2 inch charge tube and the intake manifold to match.

--This is something I would probably research

We run a 3076 garret (standard gt series comp wheel with a forced performance .63 externally gated housing ) on an 800 pro rmk. It has a clean bottom end and spools just as quick as anything else. It pulls way more clutch weight and track speed at 9psi than the exact same sled did previously at 14psi with a 2860 on it. We are looking to put a cat in the stable next season and won't hesitate to use the same turbo again. Although I may opt to get one from forced performance with their hta compressor wheel on it. (Much lighter and more efficient than the standard gt wheel)

mine is a 3071 hta .63 housing and my comp housing is small. 3 inch charge tube this thing rips and has great bottom end and power at 9 psi.

the crew at forced performance is top of the game in my book. Love our super 99 model on the 1640 triple. heck my 3582 on my 900 cc trial sled is a ripper on bottom end.. big change in response with the GTX or forced comp wheels too. the only 28 series 800s out here in the east are on the end of tow ropes.. way to small hot side for low alt ripping.. boggy too. glad you like the forced turbo hardass, your hard *** to satisfy ya know ..:)

My setup runs a 2873 Tial housing at 7 lbs. I love the way it runs. Now if I was going to want to push higher boost, would want to move up to a 30 series. Depends what you want to do. I like to have somewhat controllable power with the way I ride. I don't want or need the big top end power that comes with higher boost and the extra heat associated with higher boost.

For those of you that think the bigger turbo is laggy, your wrong. Gus knows this, as well as ski-dooinit. I would really like to talk to dooinit if anyone knows where to find him. He ran a 800 with 3076 and said at idle it pushed 1lb and only ran at 3lbs. It destroyed a 2860 on 12lbs and left the line harder than anything.
It has to do with leverage on the exhaust side. I've tasked to some others that know how to set it up right and say the same thing. Eli, kmod, etc...

I am wondering if I want to start with a kit, or build from ground up. Money isn't as important as simplicity

For those of you that think the bigger turbo is laggy, your wrong. Gus knows this, as well as ski-dooinit. I would really like to talk to dooinit if anyone knows where to find him. He ran a 800 with 3076 and said at idle it pushed 1lb and only ran at 3lbs. It destroyed a 2860 on 12lbs and left the line harder than anything.
It has to do with leverage on the exhaust side. I've tasked to some others that know how to set it up right and say the same thing. Eli, kmod, etc...

I am wondering if I want to start with a kit, or build from ground up. Money isn't as important as simplicity

I guess you answered your own question then. A 2860 is only good till about 7-8 pds of boost. Then after that, all it does is make a bunch of heat. That is a terrible size to compare to.

--30 series produces volume and does not need as high boost thereby creating a lot less heat and while also giving low end power -- save a ton of weight without using a water-to- air cooler or practically useless air-to-air cooler. Less heat also better for reeds, motor, and tuning...a really good high altitude application using a 30 series turbo...

Build your own use others parts as needed or fab your own i did just that the fuel control is very important Not that everything else isnt. i researched lots of stuff and built mine.

An external gate 3076 is gonna be a liitle laggy compared to a internal gated 3076. The internals have an explosive feeling out of the hole which helps feel less laggy. The 3071wg is plenty for an 800 at 10lbs. Now put a gtx or FP billet wheel on there and that 71 wheel will flow what the 76 does but still spool like a 71. I am searching for a blown up Pol pro chassis to transplant a m8 turbo with a gt3071wg with a FP wheel. I have a 3076 wheel that flows that a standard 3082 does from FP on my 1000 now.

An external gate 3076 is gonna be a liitle laggy compared to a internal gated 3076. The internals have an explosive feeling out of the hole which helps feel less laggy. The 3071wg is plenty for an 800 at 10lbs. Now put a gtx or FP billet wheel on there and that 71 wheel will flow what the 76 does but still spool like a 71. I am searching for a blown up Pol pro chassis to transplant a m8 turbo with a gt3071wg with a FP wheel. I have a 3076 wheel that flows that a standard 3082 does from FP on my 1000 now.

Previously I was told the internal was laggy compared to external? ??

I've been considering the same thing with the pro, but after where I have my cat, I prefer it over my pro. I have some other ideas for a cat that would be a game changer. I need to find a beat up cheap pc that I won't care to chop up.

I think the pro would be simple just use the f series pipe.

the internal gated series 30 turbos have smaller turbine wheels than external gated and tighter housings.. much tighter..
I cant use those on the flats..or in my case in NH we are usually 400 feet below sealevel..:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I'm not looking for big boost, I want instant power. I don't know how much boost yet but similar to what a 2860 m8 runs at 10000ft on 10-12lbs max.
There is hardly a time that I even need more power, just figured why not

Premium Features

Back