• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SW Video 30 Second Rant.

Good evening Christopher, my name is Terry Stoner. I live in North Dakota and retired from a chemical plant a couple years ago.
I ve been a member for years but rarely post. While working at the plant I also had a shingling company that I ran on my days off, so spring summer and fall I had zero time off. I never watched hardly anything didn’t have the time, but it paid for my sledding trips to your beautiful part of the country. That being said I think unfortunately you are going to have to grin and bear it people seem to be busier than ever now days sorry to say. I do enjoy your videos and I greatly appreciate all that you do for snowest, keep up the good work👍

I don’t know the science behind it.

But it’s ubiquitous across all industries, interests, genres and cultures.

Social media algorithms create and reinforce habits. / addictions to dopamine.

If you want eyes on it you have to feed the dopamine addiction.

A recent study showed an average of 35 minutes using ThikTok created an addiction.

You don’t have much chance of competing with that Hellscape……

tiktok has totally ruined my attention span, even after deleting the app over a couple months ago i still notice myself watching one thing while scrolling to find the next on other platforms.
tiktok is just like YouTube for the kinds of videos on there, sledding,farming,wrenching,cool videos are all things i watched and posted on, heck i had over 30,000 followers. but it was teaching me bad habits so it had to go. it truly is a toxic platform.
(now the ticktok- Singapore relationship is another conversation)

these teachers who have to try teach kids with a 27 second attention span must be hell to do.

pic credit - Christopher

Attachments

• Audience Retention snowest.jpg
    Audience Retention snowest.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 5
You probably should have given the purpose of the video at 00:22 😂
You may be entirely correct.
This is all part of the Adventure/Journey of LEARNING how all of this is done.
What works and what FAILS.
For the most part I am pretty much a NEWB at this whole video thing.
I think I have a several dozen total videos under my belt now, and NONE of them have been engineered to maximise viewership at all.
Thats just been a total non-issue for me.

But
If there are simple basic techniques that I SHOULD be following to get the video into the hands of the very people that have subscribed to see them, then that is what I want to learn how to do.

You may be entirely correct.
This is all part of the Adventure/Journey of LEARNING how all of this is done.
What works and what FAILS.
For the most part I am pretty much a NEWB at this whole video thing.
I think I have a several dozen total videos under my belt now, and NONE of them have been engineered to maximise viewership at all.
Thats just been a total non-issue for me.

But
If there are simple basic techniques that I SHOULD be following to get the video into the hands of the very people that have subscribed to see them, then that is what I want to learn how to do.
Could always use two styles, depending on what you are covering. One that works for people that have an attention span, and others that are short and sweet. I have enjoyed some of your longer videos, but honestly it’s pretty rare the I have a half hour to spare to watch it to the end. Your data shows that some people do watch the whole thing, but also that the majority don’t, so the majority of the videos should be short…. Unless you can figure out a way to reprogram society.

It’s worth mentioning that we see this in education more and more with every passing week. Most people need to train their brain to focus, but can also undo all that hard work with brain-rotting media like TikTok etc.

Premium Features

Back