• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 computer models snow 1-5 FEB

Not too surprised the forecasters missed the snow levels with this one. Started about 9000 ft and maybe dropped down to 8000 ft now. Still 40 deg at 6800ft on the NE shore of Lake Tahoe with steady rain. Usually not a good sign. Safe off trail riding around here does not exist on snowmobiles, before or after this storm. Hopfully with 2ft in the high country by saturday(i'm praying) we can build on something in the coming weeks.
There could be some secret spots to ride this weekend depending on how things shape up and what kinda front end damage you're willing to risk. I'm sticking with skiing this week and bracing myself for all the deep pow pics from the wyoming-colo areas.

Not too surprised the forecasters missed the snow levels with this one. Started about 9000 ft and maybe dropped down to 8000 ft now. Still 40 deg at 6800ft on the NE shore of Lake Tahoe with steady rain. Usually not a good sign. Safe off trail riding around here does not exist on snowmobiles, before or after this storm. Hopfully with 2ft in the high country by saturday(i'm praying) we can build on something in the coming weeks.
There could be some secret spots to ride this weekend depending on how things shape up and what kinda front end damage you're willing to risk. I'm sticking with skiing this week and bracing myself for all the deep pow pics from the wyoming-colo areas.

I'm not sure if the storm is over?

Only 1/2 water expected in Tahoe Mammoth area next 12 hours.

Elko expect about the same

Storm is going to COLORADO , missing south IDAHO

Expect another 1.5 inches water in Calorado.

Snow level ratio is at 32F 1 inch one foot snow

At 20F and below 1 inch water is 18- 20 inch powder

Only 1/2 water expected in Tahoe Mammoth area next 12 hours.

Elko expect about the same

Storm is going to COLORADO , missing south IDAHO

Expect another 1.5 inches water in Calorado.

Snow level ratio is at 32F 1 inch one foot snow

At 20F and below 1 inch water is 18- 20 inch powder
.5 inch water content and one inch snow at 7K. storm was a joke... bout to give for the winter, pull out the KTM and call it a year.

Well, the Rubies got about 10" at 7500 feet and about double that up high. Snow was good yesterday. It snowed on us all day while riding. Should be great riding today as the sun will be out all day.

Went up to martis peak lookout today from Brockway summit (267) found some decent road riding. About a foot of snow on top. Plenty of snow to keep the sleds cool and the carbides weren't hitting pavement. Nice way to break in my new pistons. did about 12 miles so now I have 35 miles on the season. :face-icon-small-dis Definetly more fun than staying home but I cant wait to get some real snow.
nicks phone 2-1-2014 198.jpg

nicks phone 2-1-2014 189.jpg

nicks phone 2-1-2014 190.jpg

well 12 to 19 inches, Maybe a road ride tomorrow

we had 2 feet fresh in some areas up above huntington @ 10K and still snowing today,{sunday}. more all later this week, it was a good first ride and could carve without fear in most areas -north side, sunny side had to tip toe but good to be out and get some tuning done.

We rode again yesterday and the snow was pretty tracked up, but there was some deep spots if you searched for it. Nice to finally have some fresh snow. Forecast says more today and later this week. Maybe February will be nice to us and keep giving us some fresh snow...

Premium Features

Back