• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 turbo sled weights

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Always good to see actual numbers; manufacturer's numbers are apples and oranges. 36lbs is pretty significant: you'd have to spend a lot of money to get the Doo to the same weight (I'm sure someone has). As for the differences (16x3" vs 15x2.75" tracks, 9ish vs 11ish gallons of gas, SHOT), it seems like it works out to a wash. SHOT is a great feature, but even adding full e-start (and never having to pull the rope) doesn't negate the advantage. There might be some argument for the Doo having a more robust tunnel and better cooling though.

The one big thing I'd still like to see is for both sleds to be run around a while and then weighed with whatever snow and ice buildup. If what Poo is claiming about the slash cooling scheme is right, the weight advantage would just grow. Whatever the case, I'd agree the Doo is still a good sled; plenty of good reasons to ride one even if there's no argument on weight. Still, Poo's been ahead of Doo in the weight game so long, I wonder if it'll ever change.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
So with e start the polaris should be around 560 ish . Easy to cut 20-30 lbs with battery, tray and muffler

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
In my oppinion, if you consider the weight off a doo tbo 65 vs the weight of a maytrx 65na and consider the power at 6500 feet, the maytrx has a better hp to weight ratio and im seeing this first hand with all off the doo tbos in my group. My 22 65 stocker hasnt lost to a 54 or 65 yet this yr
The 75 is prob 50/50 , just depends on the sno type and weather if he can get a run at it.
To me, the doo tbo is a waste of money considering its low hp and heavy weight.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i agree the performance of the turbo polaris sleds are impressive but unfortunately you have to factor into the equation polaris recalls and stop-ride notices.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I was out again today in sicamoose, 2 doo tbos and a tbo cat POS . The rider on the 175 tbo doo is a top notch terrain rider.
He attempted a very steep side hill while approaching it from a dead stop and he did a 180 while i just puttered along above him and compleated the poke with a hard left hook going up the steep hill.
I was abit concerned i made a mistake getting the khoas version but now im praising this thing, thats its hands down the best sled ive ever rode.
I did another very steep climb today that the POS tbo cat barely made it up.
Doing downward up turns , mid hill on the slash is a hoot, i honestly dont know how pol will make this sled better.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
More power = more gas.

Mine definitely is getting better mileage 5/8 of the way through break in.

In my experience so far the drop in fuel consumption after break in is negligible.. I ain’t mad tho, I like burning lots of fuel and making lots of power!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
i agree the performance of the turbo polaris sleds are impressive but unfortunately you have to factor into the equation polaris recalls and stop-ride notices.
Dude, i had the great honor of towing out a 22 tbo doo today in revy with engine failure, dont kid yourself, local dealer has 6 doo engine failures in the past few days.

Premium Features