• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

TKI's belt drive is available with gearing as low as 2.4:1; S3 even lower at 2.5:1, but they don't have anything for the AXYS. Both use a tensioner. I'm guessing Polaris could do likewise, but went without a tensioner for weight and don't want to sell a second version. Obviously a belt drive with tensioner adds weight over Quickdrive, but still weighs much less than the chaincase. Unless there are longevity concerns (and the reports I've read on S3 and TKI are mostly positive), I'm not sure I agree with their choice. Look at how many guys gear down their 163s and even 155s. Seems even the 163x2.6 is well outside optimum gearing, and there's a good argument to switching to a design with a tensioner (allows you to use a smaller top cog) across the line, or keeping the quickdrive on 155 and smaller and having two belt drives. Really, I'm a little surprised the belt drive hasn't spread beyond the RMK after 7 years; I suppose it costs more, but it doesn't seem durability is a real concern anymore.

I don't see it happening on the current platform.

We agree there. I am thinking a new platform announced in March is all but confirmed.

Burandt alludes to it in the latest podcast. Says he's surprised they dropped the turbo 850 in the G4 as the platform has gotten longer in the tooth. I'm sure he's aware that the G4 is younger than AXYS so probably wouldn't mention it if there wasn't something he knew was coming.

I typically ride a 2017 Polaris Axys 174" with a Boondocker turbo. I rode my buddy's Khaos last weekend for a few hours and I had so much fun on it, that I wasn't missing the turbo at all. It has a can on it and the thing just rips with tons of torque and speed.
Now I want one!
It's because nobody understands that a Polaris 840 doesn't make enough power to turn a 174 track. You need a turbo to probably makes the same track speed as a 155 2.6.

I just talked to my dealer and asked him what was coming. All he would say was " You're gonna want to Snowcheck". He had a chance to ride the new sled and since he's an ex RMSHA rider I think he knows what he's talking about. Of course like everyone he's under a gag order so he wouldn't elaborate. Interesting ....

A stop gap for the loops; take a large pipe wrench and bend them up about 3/4", it's quick and free. Shouldn't have to (or need to install AM tether) but it is what it is.

I just talked to my dealer and asked him what was coming. All he would say was " You're gonna want to Snowcheck". He had a chance to ride the new sled and since he's an ex RMSHA rider I think he knows what he's talking about. Of course like everyone he's under a gag order so he wouldn't elaborate. Interesting ....
I've never had a dealer say "You don't want to snocheck..." I'm not in sales but I would say anyone who was telling you, you don't want to buy what they are selling, wouldn't be in business for long.

A little background is in order - my dealer and I are friends, we've snowmobiled together for over 20 years and even though I have snowchecked several sleds through him I tend to buy his or his team's ex race sleds so for him to tell me I'm going to want to snowcheck is way more than just a sales pitch. There's something coming and we are going like it, that's all I'm trying to say.

I am going to say no new chassis due to this months sales promotion from Polaris. It is not very aggressive to get rid of 19/20 models still for sale. If a new chassis was coming one would think 0% for 60 months would be offered. My guess is 163 Khaos, possible turbo & lots of BNG.

I'm still putting my money on a new chassis. Lighter, stronger. No toe loops or larger toe loops (I think that one really depends on the Pros - somebody must be using those toe loops or they wouldn't still be there ) We got a new front end and engine last year. Time to pair them with a new chassis. Turbo possibly. Shorty tunnel almost certainly.

I am going to say no new chassis due to this months sales promotion from Polaris. It is not very aggressive to get rid of 19/20 models still for sale. If a new chassis was coming one would think 0% for 60 months would be offered. My guess is 163 Khaos, possible turbo & lots of BNG.

I agree with you that the sales promotion is not very aggressive right now. However, it also seems like inventory is fairly low also. I'm not seeing piles and piles of 19s and 20s just sitting on dealer floors like we sometimes have in the past.

I agree with you that the sales promotion is not very aggressive right now. However, it also seems like inventory is fairly low also. I'm not seeing piles and piles of 19s and 20s just sitting on dealer floors like we sometimes have in the past.

Same.

Local dealer has very few sleds.

That is true now that I think of it. I have seen some crazy low prices on full on 19/20 850 turbo builds on Mountain Sledder Swap meet so maybe some people got wind of whats coming & are unloading there current sled. Only a month left to find out.

Yup. Manufacturers have been able to clean up the market a bit. Couple that with a strong economy and the fed raising interest rates (relative to the timeframe where 0 down 0% was commonplace). Market is in a good enough spot that not much more is needed to entice customers.

Yup. Manufacturers have been able to clean up the market a bit. Couple that with a strong economy and the fed raising interest rates (relative to the timeframe where 0 down 0% was commonplace). Market is in a good enough spot that not much more is needed to entice customers.
Except for Arctic Cat - I think the local dealer is still sitting on a couple of 2016's. My Polaris dealer hasn't had anything to sell since before the first of the year except for one Titan, one Pro 600 144 and a Skidoo of some sort. 3 sleds to sell ain't very many.

Premium Features

Back