• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 fuel map

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
I have a 2019 that runs fat and bogs constantly. Never fouled a plug though. How are the 19’s running with the 2021 mapping? Thanks in advance

BG567

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2014
Whitecourt, Alberta
I also have a 2019. I have had every map available since I bought it. I am on map #4 now. I got it flashed March 2020 at the dealer. This has been the best one yet. On map #2 & #3 I was fouling plugs constantly & leaving large black streaks in the snow with every blast of the throttle. The current one runs super clean, no more fouling plugs or black streaks in the snow. All that being said, there may be a 21 map available which is more current to the one I have, not exactly sure.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I have a 2019 that I ran the updated flash before season and now the 20-2 flash. I never had plug fouling issues but it seemed fat in the low end and used plenty of oil. One ride on the new flash and I liked it. It fixed the deceleration issue where it felt like the throttle would hang up for me. It may start worse when hot though, seemed like I needed a little throttle to start it a couple times like my old pro did.

H
Mar 2, 2010
I picked up a 19 and had the dealer do the 21 map before the season even started. The sled is an absolute animal, I convinced a buddy on a 2020 to take his in for the 21 flash and he picked up 150 rpm.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The 2020.5 flash on my 19 seems a tiny bit cleaner than my 2021. Never fouled a plug on either though. Just notice a bit of farting on down-hills (mostly 2021) and loads slightly when in the tight trees.

Last edited:
T
Nov 11, 2008
There is no real consistency between these sleds. Two 21’s riding side by side all day. One runs cleaner than the other.

I take peoples feedback very lightly as well. If someone is riding a lot of mud to high rpm and lots of trails or wider open and bigger climbs they all seem to run well. In tighter slower moving on and off the throttle they feel less responsive, I felt like it was a fueling issue but given how cold these sleds run, at least what is being displayed on the coolant temp, I am starting to wonder how much a cold pipe has to do with that. The pipe may cooling off very quick and not scavenging as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
There is no real consistency between these sleds. Two 21’s riding side by side all day. One runs cleaner than the other.

I take peoples feedback very lightly as well. If someone is riding a lot of mud to high rpm and lots of trails or wider open and bigger climbs they all seem to run well. In tighter slower moving on and off the throttle they feel less responsive, I felt like it was a fueling issue but given how cold these sleds run, at least what is being displayed on the coolant temp, I am starting to wonder how much a cold pipe has to do with that. The pipe may cooling off very quick and not scavenging as well.

Yes, maybe 300 rpm difference while putting around, due to different clutching, could mean a huge temperature change in the pipe. Or even riding styles could result in different pipe temps.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I have a 20 850 pro and a 21 850 Kahos the 20 pro runs amazing starts great never fouled a plug. 21 Kahos starts great never fouled a plug. But runs so rich on the bottom it’s know fun to ride in the trees. Both sleds have identical clutching Kahos still might be in break in not sure. Anyone else feel like there 21 850 sucked a shop rag in the air box?

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
My 21 khaos 155 runs hard. Trs clutching and slp head.

Buddies 21 khaos 165 built 3 days after mine runs ok. Stock with mbrp can.

Both qd2 sleds.

But I'm running 8250 rpm and he's running 8100.

500 miles and no issues with mine except now and then gotta Crack the throttle a little when starting.

T
Nov 11, 2008
I have a 20 850 pro and a 21 850 Kahos the 20 pro runs amazing starts great never fouled a plug. 21 Kahos starts great never fouled a plug. But runs so rich on the bottom it’s know fun to ride in the trees. Both sleds have identical clutching Kahos still might be in break in not sure. Anyone else feel like there 21 850 sucked a shop rag in the air box?

Any of the 21’s I have seen are fat on the bottom. It is especially noticed on decel when compression braking or riding slower. Can choice hasnt affected it as I have gone back to stock and also tried different cans. It does appear to get worse when heading down at the end of the day and two things happen, the pipe most likely cools off and the air temp gets warmer.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
My '19 with the '21 map runs fantastic, but requires about 1/4" of throttle to start when warm. Still does the cold pipe swings and misses when pipe temps are down, doesn't really bother me anymore, have become used to it, runs awesome when everything is up to temp.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Any of the 21’s I have seen are fat on the bottom. It is especially noticed on decel when compression braking or riding slower. Can choice hasnt affected it as I have gone back to stock and also tried different cans. It does appear to get worse when heading down at the end of the day and two things happen, the pipe most likely cools off and the air temp gets warmer.
Exactly what my 21 dose. I’m pissed off. My 20 runs amazing. I even had a 19 that I never even had the updated flash done and it ran amazing. Come Polaris please fix these POS.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Any of the 21’s I have seen are fat on the bottom. It is especially noticed on decel when compression braking or riding slower. Can choice hasnt affected it as I have gone back to stock and also tried different cans. It does appear to get worse when heading down at the end of the day and two things happen, the pipe most likely cools off and the air temp gets warmer

BG567

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2014
Whitecourt, Alberta
I also have a 2019. I have had every map available since I bought it. I am on map #4 now. I got it flashed March 2020 at the dealer. This has been the best one yet. On map #2 & #3 I was fouling plugs constantly & leaving large black streaks in the snow with every blast of the throttle. The current one runs super clean, no more fouling plugs or black streaks in the snow. All that being said, there may be a 21 map available which is more current to the one I have, not exactly sure.
Thought I should post an update to my earlier post. My 2019 with the 2020.5 flash randomly began to start fouling plugs, after 8 full riding days on the flash. Went through 8 plugs in one day. One set lasted 10 mins. I hit a small bump/jump and it would go on one cylinder. Both myself & my dad have the exact same sled, I have been running VES Extreme & him running VES gold SINCE NEW. He has NEVER fouled a plug! For our last day I diluted the Extreme with some Gold and didnt foul any plugs.

I am having a hard time determining if I am fouling on oil or fuel. The fouled plugs have what looks like raw fuel on the threads when I remove them, but they are kinda slightly sticky to the touch on the tip leading me to think its oil fouling.

For historical reference on why I am trying Gold now vs Extreme. I had a 2009 700 RMK on Shell Advance full synthetic & would foul plugs in the exact same manner, hit a small bump, foul a plug. I switched that sled to VES and never fouled a plug again.

I plan to get the newest flash this week. Hopefully that helps in addition to switching oil

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
I’m getting the new flash on mine tomorrow. Polaris is calling it an unofficial recall. So they’re only doing the flash if you’re having a problem?

S
Nov 15, 2010
I’m getting the new flash on mine tomorrow. Polaris is calling it an unofficial recall. So they’re only doing the flash if you’re having a problem?
I did it to mine. It helped only a tiny bit with the hard starting after engine is hot and the burbling on the bottom end.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Got the new map. Just like you said only helped a little bit. After my is warmed up and I restart it it takes more than three polls sometimes. Then it will start for two seconds and quit. I look at the sled and say what I got to pull your again. I don’t have a electric start. My snow conditions right now are terrible. Hard as a rock around the house. I got in some softer snow and loaded the track down seem to hold RPMs a little better.

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Same here, after a few weeks on the latest flash it seems the same....no worse but when cold it still starts after 3 pulls then dies then starts and keeps running, when warm it will start with one pull if its a short break...if its a two beverage break then it will take 2-3 pulls to start even though the engine is still warmish!!!
When running it runs well with no issues.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
How many people on here have checked their plugs. I checked mine after a full Pull run they’re still running black. Means it’s still running rich. In the old days I would just run a smaller jet. Now we’re at the mercy of the digital wrench. I put mine in the 91 non-ethanol mode yesterday and it seem to run better. Mechanic told me that will lean it out more. I called Polaris direct today. Lady said she’s never heard of this. Give me a break. I told her she had to go to snow West. I just bought some Boondocker adjustable weights. I’m gonna put those in tomorrow and see if I can get this thing to hold 8200 RPMs. Yesterday still holding 7700 RPMs.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
How many people on here have checked their plugs. I checked mine after a full Pull run they’re still running black. Means it’s still running rich. In the old days I would just run a smaller jet. Now we’re at the mercy of the digital wrench. I put mine in the 91 non-ethanol mode yesterday and it seem to run better. Mechanic told me that will lean it out more. I called Polaris direct today. Lady said she’s never heard of this. Give me a break. I told her she had to go to snow West. I just bought some Boondocker adjustable weights. I’m gonna put those in tomorrow and see if I can get this thing to hold 8200 RPMs. Yesterday still holding 7700 RPMs.

You should be in 91 non ethanol mode all the time.........

In general ethanol mode has been +10% fuel across the board and retarded timing above 8k rpm.

Premium Features